a little 110 diesel plan

af1

Feb 17, 2008
hi my car a leon 110tdi came with a tuning chip.... humm (looks like a resistor in the box)

id like to get the car remapped but i was thinking, why not do some physical mods before the mapping so i get more impressive gains

i was thinking
wondering if anyone could give me the cost and possible gains

engine

2.5 transporter injectors (wont these cause a limp mode untill i get it mapped though?)

FMIC or improved boost hose to the SMIC because it goes SO SO SO narrow around the arch lol

sillicone hoses

then a custom remap

does that sound like a plan

any idea what gains id get?

also wouldnt mind these bits for the car too

chassis

s3 strut brace
brake upgrade (what vag car is the best for a cheap upgrade.. doubt i can afford the run brembos tbh)
arbs

cheers reckon this is a good plan?
Alan

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I don't know about the injectors however a decent FMIC will help once the car is mapped, silicone hoses will be needed anyway - if you don't fit an OE FMIC. Bigger downpipe and maybe a decat.

Phase2 map would be worth doing then

S3 lower and upper strut brace, rear ARB definitely worth doing although those cars with coilovers fitted don't seem to benefit as much ( after talking to Probee and Skorchio - and following them around Milton Keynes) Bear in mind if you change these things, you place more strain on existing already worn items such as bushes so it might be worth factoring these into the plan too.

312mm discs, 312mm carriers and Ferodo DS2500 pads - you re-use the original calipers.

af1

Feb 17, 2008
ahh cool, im thinking about a pd150 intercooler but they are massive lmao, or maybe a small one that will be easier and neater to mount, anyone know what is a good size as anupgrade for the 110, im guessing anything is an upgrade because the standard one is so tiny and tucked away

brad1

the 312 conversion cannot be done on the 110, the carrier comes with the hub in 1 piece otherwise i would have this mod alreay :)
but soon i will be changing the hubs and going for bigger braking ;)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
the 312 conversion cannot be done on the 110, the carrier comes with the hub in 1 piece otherwise i would have this mod alreay :)
but soon i will be changing the hubs and going for bigger braking ;)

Well reminded - i always forget that :( Hubs should be cheap enough to source though and if you're lucky you might get ones with the carriers already attached ;)

sssstew

Editing your spelling
ahh cool, im thinking about a pd150 intercooler but they are massive lmao, or maybe a small one that will be easier and neater to mount, anyone know what is a good size as anupgrade for the 110, im guessing anything is an upgrade because the standard one is so tiny and tucked away

the change to a pd150 intercooler has been done before and works well as its front mounted, so i would say stick with that.

af1

Feb 17, 2008
well the pd150 intercooler is cheap enough and easy enough to get hold of, luckily!
does it fit ok behind the standard bumper or is it an excuse to get a cupra r bumper

Alan

the plumbing worries me though... anyone got a guide to plumbing it, or a kit?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I reckon your going to be looking at 150bhp or so with that setup.

I'd say a lil bit more,,, mind you I've seen 140+ with just a map,,,

af1, if I were you, I'd wait for a bigger IC,,, I'll tell you this, if you got the same golf/a3 IC, it's much bigger than the one I got on the beeza,,, I had the car mapped for 6 years now on my stock IC and never had a problem [but then I drive like my granny].
Putting a bigger IC will lower your intake temps, yes, but it *could* introduce some lag in the system cos the small vnt-15 will have some problems to push much more air than it already does, and a bigger IC means more space to "fulfill" before the air gets to the engine,,, you might want to put a bigger IC with a bigger turbo - better yet, an hybrid 15-17,,,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.