A little help needed.

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
Hey guys, been a while since i was on here last, actually been a while since my car moved, but as normal , tried her over the weekend an first time, brought a smile to my face.

Now little help needed as going to totally restore the old Hog!!

Im looking for the best ways to complete the following an what is best left to the garages?

Needing to replace the coilpack so would like to know the best ways about doing this
also Plugs an leads if anyone knows of a good set they use an would recomend i would be greatful.

Also need to replair a rust patch on the boot lid where the water has leaked from the rear screenwash hose causing some pretty bad rusting, acutally think i have a hole there now, which aint good at all!!

Arches, also have a minor rust issue, anyone got suggestions on how to resolve/fix this??

an 2 last requests which i know im chancing in here is i need a new/secondhand Idle control Valve an would love a set of Mk3 cupra alloys if i could find a set up north :( seems like hard work!!

Car is a 1.8Gti 16v in silver.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers guys.

Scott

Last edited:

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
Coil is an easy DIY change ~£35-£45 for a new coil and under 30 mins to fit as long as you catch the nuts before they go into the scuttle panel.

Boot lid i'd get some pics up, I was on the look out for a rear lid in decent nick for ages but one nerver turned up in Topaz, you might be more lucky with silver?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise