a mind boggling prob with the radio

got_boost?

when i play the radio, cd or tape, once the volume is up to 30 the radio starts cutting in and out of sound intermitantly.
anybody else have this problem or shed some light on it.

another thing that make me want to attack it with a hammer is the volume knob. i turn it up and it knocks the volume down have to knock it up a click at a time :rifle:

anybody have that problem too???

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
30 is the overheating and needs to cool down
also the problem with the knob is a common fault and dont think ne one has come up with a fix yet.

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
fixed mine a few weeks ago... took the PCB out, and sprayed loads of contact cleaner into every tiny little gap on the dial, blew it out and gave it an hour to evaporate,

Been fine ever since :)

i was looking at replacing it as i thought it was a potentiometer, however it's some sort of magical stepped rotary switch :confused:

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
fixed mine a few weeks ago... took the PCB out, and sprayed loads of contact cleaner into every tiny little gap on the dial, blew it out and gave it an hour to evaporate,

i was looking at replacing it as i thought it was a potentiometer, however it's some sort of magical stepped rotary switch :confused:

Can you recommend any "contact cleaner" as ive not come accros this before?

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
if you want to test any of the diodes.....

Set a multimeter to the diode test mode (the one that beeps.. that most people use for continuity check), you should get a single bleep if you connect the test leads over the diode one way, and nothing when connected the other.

Or you can use the resistance function, and you should see a nice low resistance one way, and a high or even infinate resistance the other.

If you find any diodes that conduct both ways, or don't conduct either way thats the dead one.. only problem is you will more than likely have to remove the diode from the circuit for this to work.

got_boost?

hmmm:think: contact cleaner. ill give tht a try. cheers

Adamricko

MK3 1.4.cool/s
Jun 23, 2009
Manchester
I had a problem with the "Telephone Mute Wire" kicking in intermittently. It did display "Telephone" when doing this. so if the display is normal then probably isnt the mute wire, worth checking though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members