accel pedal - ECU

Dez-Cupra

Hi guys

I had a problem earlier this week with my accel pedal. I basically disconnected the battery as we were messing about with the amp and sub, on that day had a new temp sensor put in and had my seat remapped for a 6hr free trial.
Cut long story short i disconnected the battery for sub and amp and once reconnected my engine starts fine however the accel pedal will not rev in anyway. brake works but no gas.

i have been told to try throttle alingment, this hasn't worked so now been adv the ecu needs programming in some way to tell it to have a link. is this right?

is there anywhere in Bradford that can look at helping me sort this, can only drive on clutch at slows speeds.

its seat leon cupra 20vt

Dez

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
where did you get the trial put on? maybe they can help you? (aa/rac tow if they are too far away?)

Dez-Cupra

Itwas at Awesome GTI in Manchester. I've had some1 come out to look at it with a laptop and it keeps coming up with faults to do with the ECM? He also said the 'The Throttle Housind Needs Resetting' but he wasnt too sure if it doe's :confused:

Has ne one ever come across getting their Throttle housing resetting? Been told it's a lenthy process on the PC is that rite :confused:

Any Info wud be much appreciated guys :blink:

tacroy

I had this problem on a Cupra R this week.
I had to change the ECU. The damage looks like it has been caused by water.
I tried to recode the pedal, changed the pedal assembly everything really.
Hope this helps.