adjustable lower arms?

hillbilly

6L ibiza is as low as it will go, wich is great, but a pair or tyres every month is start to get a bit costly now,

had polly bushes fitted this week, just under it today raising it up slighty so i dont keep killing sumps,
the camber of the wheels is rediculous, never mind the toe, so its going to get re-tracked tomorrow, but this isnt going to change much!!
so lookin to buy adjustable length lower arms or even get some made if i have to
does any one know if there in production, or any where i can get some made?

any help would be great cheers!

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
I can't help with advice on how to do it BUT i'm in the same situation mate.
I've thought about if it's possible to change the whole hub to something slightly older
where the shocker fits on with the two bolts so that the camber is adjustable.

I wondered if a hub from the polo mk4 would have the adjustable camber as they are the same car but the polo is a lot older?

EDIT...... just searched and the polo 6n nub has adjustable camber, might be onto some thing here :)

hillbilly

sounds like i good idea, but that still wouldnt give me enough adjustment, im gooing to visit a bloke tomoro to see if he can make me something!

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
Let me know then, looks like you would be able to use some after market adjustable arms from other vehicles, weld them together and then use a long threads track rod ball joint for the adjustment side.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
6L ibiza is as low as it will go, wich is great, but a pair or tyres every month is start to get a bit costly now,

had polly bushes fitted this week, just under it today raising it up slighty so i dont keep killing sumps,
the camber of the wheels is rediculous, never mind the toe, so its going to get re-tracked tomorrow, but this isnt going to change much!!
so lookin to buy adjustable length lower arms or even get some made if i have to
does any one know if there in production, or any where i can get some made?

any help would be great cheers!

The simplest way is to have the holes in the wishbone slotted and bring the ball joint in to correct the camber.