Adjusting the headlights

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Hi guys, my driver side headlight is too dipped compared to passenger side. I just want them to be the same level and was wondering how I can do this? Do I have to go my Seat Dealership to and pay for labour cost or is this something I can do at home.

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
The left headlight is always higher than the drivers side
I believe it’s so you can see into the edge of the road clearer.
The reason why the drivers side isn’t the same level is so it doesn’t dazzle drivers coming towards you.

The LED headlight auto level every time you turn on the car and I believe don’t need any adjustment. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NigelPatrick

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
The left headlight is always higher than the drivers side
I believe it’s so you can see into the edge of the road clearer.
The reason why the drivers side isn’t the same level is so it doesn’t dazzle drivers coming towards you.

The LED headlight auto level every time you turn on the car and I believe don’t need any adjustment. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Thank you for clarifying, I am at peace now knowing that this is normal.

However, if I still wanted to adjust the pitch, would I need VDCS or can I do it manually with a tool? Thanks in advance.

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Just found this on another group I’m part of....might be worth checking your manual for detailed explanation.
Never done it myself so can’t comment.

“The headlights self level - BUT - the position they level to can be manually set just like most other cars.
Just make sure the headlights a ON ( not auto ) and the engine is running when you set them”
851e579bb8116cd59691106d5785fa91.jpg

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Seat cars I've had (Leon Mk3), including Ibiza with Bi-Xenon headlights, from my experience came out of the factory at the lower end of the permissable height of dipped beams, and perhaps over time, it drops down. I've had to adjust up a little bit both those headlights. Current V40 Led Headlights, didn't need any adjustments, just right. On the Leon only once on a cold day the driver's side headlight failed to level...restart sorted it, and yes the passenger side headlights tend to swish up a bit to light up the far side corners...

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
If you look at the beam pattern on correctly adjusted headlights, the beam pattern will be predominantly flat with a kick-up from both lights to the nearside. It is this kick-up that gives the appearance that the passenger side is brighter when observed from the front of the car.

Beam pattern observed from the driver’s seat on RHD car is like this:

_|\___ _|\___

And LHD car:

___/|_ ___/|_

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.