Advice on buying a 1.9 tdi

ander

Hi, i've been looking at buying a leon 1.9 tdi cupra. I'm basically after advice on any problems i should be aware of when buying this model and also the best model i should go for.
I have up to £11K max to spend. I would like something which has less than 40K miles on. What sort of reg would i be looking to get for this sort of money?

Thanks in advance for any help

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
a 04 54 is aroudn that i think.

:)

aim for the 54 and check for poor performance. Test drive more than one this way you can tell if the maf is dodgey other than that not alot else to go for. Check the tail pipe for blue smoke but it not really a problem. and pick one that has a nice interior and not been abused. :).

Also paint can be a problem so be prepared for scratches and chips.

Owllo

2 months in and mine has been fine. I got my 54 plate FR with 21k on the clock and I had the same budget as you.

They are out there but make sure you take your time and get the right one (took me 4 months of looking). As for paint, I haven't found one stone chip on the front bumper yet (she had a very careful first owner) And I hope it stays that way :)

Any particular colour in mind?

ander

Well i'm looking for maybe a silver, grey or yellow one. I've had 2 black cars already and they are an absolute nightmare to keep clean!!!
You's seems like the type of deal am after.
Been checking the normal places like autotrader etc but they don't seem to be any that are catching my eye.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Try and keep an eye out for a reasonably priced FR+, there may be a few about that just come into your budget if you are lucky.

They have the advantage of having the Cupra R bodykit and 17" replica wheels.

ander

What plate was the FR+ introduced?

Also do all of these models come with the 5 doors or is there some 3 doors?

ander

Unless you can take a Citroen C2 in part ex i'll have to say no lol
Won't have the money till this is gone

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.