This is the state of my dash at the moment
Noticed a rattle/knocking noise from exhaust area when starting car at the weekend (from cold).
I opted not to drive it since then.
So I went to get more info just now and current state:
- engine turns over and starts ok
- first time (cold) I initially got a message about an issue with the adaptive cruise control
- after a few moments the engine cuts out leaving those lights on (the yellow ones I'm bothered about )
- try it again and it starts ok, but after a few seconds, or perhaps if give it a little gas, it cuts out
The 'coil' light is flashing, not solid.
According to the manual, that means:
"Fault in engine management"
"Fault in emission control system"
The second one fits with knocking noise from exhaust area I guess.
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to:
- what the actual problem might be (educated guesses welcome)
- single issue causing both problems?
- likely cost
- am I going to have to take it to SEAT (there's a franchise a mile away) or will a local garage do?