Aerial Booster - Where does this lead go??

Kiirst

IMG000004.jpg

I know where the two on the right go (into the aerial and into the blue and white remote)

But where does this plug thing on the left go? Any help asap would be great! Thanks!

steve2k6

Well that end will go into your head unit where your aeriel is now, then the outside aerial u will have unplugged fits onto the other end. All thats left to do is connect the wire to the remote of your head unit (white/blue wires). Straight forward and should take 5-10mins to .

regards steve

Kiirst

The end i am talking about does not fit into the back of the stereo? Also if i plugged that in there, and the blue to the blue and white, i would have two aerial connections left that are exactly the same surely? Ie. 2 aerial connections that would not fit together?

cupragirl

Dec 10, 2009
Brizzle Me Babber
Hope This Helps

you have an ISO 90 deg connector at one end and a Fakra Connector at the other. So I think you may have the wrong Booster :cry:
Look at connects2.com and you'll see what you should have, choice of two depending on age of your car. CT27AA05 and CT27AA08. I think its the 08 but check your ariel connections. [B)]

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
If it's like mine you will need to get an connector to convert the 90 degree angle into something that will plug into the back of the radio. Easily available either from the 'bay or halfrauds, etc!

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
cupragirl's got it - looks like that's a booster for a vehicle with SatNav (either so you can fit a SatNav/TCM unit in yours, or use the existing 'funny' plug to fit a regular headunit)

and an AA08 is the more common choice, but you can use an AA05 if you get an adaptor (which some headunits come with anyway)

CT27AA08.jpg
AA08

CT27AA05.jpg
+
CT27AA01.jpg

in both cases, it's the end with the blue power lead that plugs into the back of the headunit

Sean Bagel

Apr 9, 2009
you have an ISO 90 deg connector at one end and a Fakra Connector at the other. So I think you may have the wrong Booster :cry:
Look at connects2.com and you'll see what you should have, choice of two depending on age of your car. CT27AA05 and CT27AA08. I think its the 08 but check your ariel connections. [B)]

I have the AA08 but I don't know where the blue cable with the plier type end has to connect to. I have a blue 'n' white cable as part of the loom supplied with my new stereo. This lead has a plastic sheath over the end. Do I have to strip the wire back and somehow make it on?

Sean Bagel

Apr 9, 2009
Well that end will go into your head unit where your aeriel is now, then the outside aerial u will have unplugged fits onto the other end. All thats left to do is connect the wire to the remote of your head unit (white/blue wires). Straight forward and should take 5-10mins to .

regards steve

Steve - how do I connect the blue wire, do I have to strip the wire back on the blue wire in the loom, i.e. the remote of my head unit?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
blue wire needs to be connected to the remote wire from your headunit ( think that will be the blue and white one). It's just a 12v switched power source buddy. It has a plastic sheath over it to stop it shorting out to anything metal, if i remember right you can open that sheath somehow or slide it back up the wire a bit, plug your wire onto it and then slide the sheath back over the connection to stop it shorting out afterwards. If you can't get the sheath back over then you need to wrap some insulation tape around it to stop short circuits. hope that helps

Last edited:

Sean Bagel

Apr 9, 2009
blue wire needs to be connected to the remote wire from your headunit (blue and white one). It's just a 12v switched power source buddy. It has a plastic sheath over it to stop it shorting out to anything metal, if i remember right you can open that sheath somehow or slide it back up the wire a bit, plug your wire onto it and the slide the sheath back over the connection to stop in shorting out afterwards. If you can't get the sheath back over then you need to wrap some insulation tape around it to stop short circuits. hope that helps

Gotcha - thanks! Yeah, it's more of a plastic cap than a sheath. But as the wire isn't exposed on it I'll have to expose a bit of the wire, clip the aerial connector on the AA08 onto it then put some insulation tape over it. Job done!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.