Aerial Cable Connector Help

stusweeney

Hi,
Can someone please help me!

I need to replace my roof mounted aerial base. I have removed the rear trim and can access the aerial base under the headliner no problem (without creasing the headliner too!!!) but I can not work out how to disconnect the aerial cable connector.

The connector is a single cable black connector. Part of it initial slides to one side but does not seem to want to come apart. Can anyone suggest how to disconnect it?

It is for standard aerial with no telephone or sat nav.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Stu

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
Hey Stu,

Long time since first post i know, how easy is it to get to the base locating screws under the headliner?
Mines a 2007 XL

Or anyone else for that matter,

Cheers
Dai O

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
It's a chew on mate. You need to remove the rear parcel shelf, the side mouldings either side, then drop the rear of the headliner a little to get to the underside of the mount. Then there's one big nut which screws onto the amplifier base and holds it in place. It's only about an hours work taking it carefully, but be careful you don;t crease the headliner or bust any clips holding the mouldings in place.

You might wanna buy a proper trim removal tool to make it easier.

stusweeney

Viking is exactly right. I removed the luggage area trim from both sides. I took of the B post trim on both sides to help easing the headliner down. I used a long 'trim tool' and screw driver to push the headliner down to allow both hands to get into the nut. I found a ratchet ring spanner was best to get onto the nut. Care with the headliner is needed not to crease it and care is needed when removing plastic trim to prevent snapping or loosing clips. I seem to remember a bit of difficulty disconnecting the aerial plug from the harness which is right at the back of the roof under the headliner.

I found a guide on a German forum which showed where all the clips were but I can't seem to find it. I will keep looking and try to find it.

I managed to get an aerial from a local scrap yard from a new Ibiza which fitted my car.

stusweeney

this isn't the one I used but is a starter.

select a thread on seatforum . de then change the thread to 8323

then put the address into google translate and you have it in English.

stusweeney

really, my dealer wanted £70 for the aerial base plus more for the aerial. The aerial and base cost £20 from the scrapper.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members