aerial change

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i have had a quick search through but can't seem to find an answer, now i know that the s2000/civic type r aerial is a common replacement for a god awful standard one however i don't want to pay 15quid or so for one which is what they all seem to go for on ebay

i notice that the c2 style aerial is kinda the same but more of a stubby aerial which i think would look good, will this fit as a straight swap or not as i thought i read a while ago that it would fit

i know that it will affect the radio as the aerial is smaller, but i listen to my dvd in the car 98% of the time anyway

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
The C2 ariel is a straight swap, as said, looks good aswell. This is a common mod for the MK 4 golf aswel. Radio signal is pants though, i think im in need of a signal booster of some sort.

TLCR

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
To clarify, as I'm not too au fait with the different "C"s from Citroen.

This is the one I have and the seller I purchased from...

clicky

thats the one i had my eye on on ebay anyway, purchased now so got that and my fabia rear wiper on the way and then just need to paint my calipers too and i am nearly where i want to be looks wise

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Something I never intended on buying as my standard aerial seems pretty good at doing what its supposed to do, receiving radio signals. Anyway, after viewing this thread I've bought the C5 one from ebay, hope reception quality is as good as my standard one.

This site is not good for your bank balance. Having a "quick browse" has turned into buying a Milltek turbo back exhaust and a C5 radio aerial......... :headhurt::whistle:

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
Something I never intended on buying as my standard aerial seems pretty good at doing what its supposed to do, receiving radio signals. Anyway, after viewing this thread I've bought the C5 one from ebay, hope reception quality is as good as my standard one.

This site is not good for your bank balance. Having a "quick browse" has turned into buying a Milltek turbo back exhaust and a C5 radio aerial......... :headhurt::whistle:

:lol: its evil but we love it :worship:

p.s i hope there is some left :think:

Just brought one too :D

Last edited:

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford

If my experience is anything to go by your reception will be pretty awful after fitting the C3 aerial, but as you've ordered the Milltek I doubt you'll be able to hear the radio anyway! :D

Think I'm going to ditch my aerial and go back to standard (if I can find it) cos I miss listening to the local pirate radio station. Can't pick it up anymore. In fact I can only pick up 3 or 4 stations since fitting it!

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
i just cut mine down and put the rubber cap on top of my standard one.. works fine and dont look so silly.

ditto, did mine a few days ago and went to a meet which gave a comparason of the honda, mine and citroen and a few others. chopped down standard aerial doesnt affect reception at all and looks bloody good

and its freeeeeeeeee!!

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
ditto, did mine a few days ago and went to a meet which gave a comparason of the honda, mine and citroen and a few others. chopped down standard aerial doesnt affect reception at all and looks bloody good

and its freeeeeeeeee!!

how much did you chop off ?

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
cant get pics up i'm afraid however i took about 2.5 to 3 inches off. the rubber tip just slides off with a bit of a twist to ease it. there is now the tip, plus the fat bit of the aerial and the thin bit it about the length of the fat bit when the tips back on. ha that was a rubbish description but hopefully makes some sense

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.