After run pump

delboy21

Mar 29, 2007
my auxillary pump on my car always ran for awhile after switching off a warm engine , have read on another forum that it should never come on unless your really booting it ,if that is the case my engine must be running at a bit higher temp but the gauge reads spot on anyone any ideas on this

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
naaa as far as i know it comes one after every time you switch it on then off. Can only be a good thing to keep the water pumping around.

Try it from cold....switch on then 10 secs later switch off.

If it's still on then it can't be because it's too hot....

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
Yes Jimy is correct, it will stay on for a couple of mins after switching off regardless of the engine temp.

Its there to help cool the turbo down and prevent condensation building up inside it.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2007
stroud
dont worry about it as long as you let your car cool down before you turn it off you will be fine mine packed up since ive ever had my cupra and no probs yet just PLEASE UNPLUG THE SECONDARY WATER PUMP OTHER WISE IT WILL MELT THE FUSE ON THE BATTERY LIKE MINE DID WHEN THEY DONT WORK

LC Ibiza Cupra

Feb 18, 2007
Cardiff
i paid £72 with the vat from gsf. should of shopped around for a cheaper price.
thought goin to a main dealer would be more expensive...

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the fans will come on as well as the aux water pump if you've been really booting it but otherwise its perfectly normal to have the pump kick in when you switch off

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise