Air Charge Temperatures

messer

May 5, 2005
Does anyone know approximately what the intake air charge temp is on a say 200hp ibiza with standard intercooler?

Thanks

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Stem/ambient temp being say 20deg C your crusing temp will be about 30-35.

Sitting in traffic 50+

Motorway driving 25ish

Giving it sh*t = 50-70 maybe more depending on boost pressure.

EvoGasket from Badger5 and an FMIC from AM together with my WMI will soon sort out my temp probs. :drool:

messer

May 5, 2005
Ah.. Whats the chace of it going above 70deg? The reason I ask is I am developing a progressive waterspray kit with temp sensors, but they only have a range of up to 70deg (its only for a ACT display)

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
messer said:
Ah.. Whats the chace of it going above 70deg? The reason I ask is I am developing a progressive waterspray kit with temp sensors, but they only have a range of up to 70deg (its only for a ACT display)

Aquamist and Snowperformance do water injection kits. You got atomizing jets?

messer

May 5, 2005
I do have atomising jets, its not water injection its just an intercooler sprayer

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Where are you getting the atomising jets from?

I've found somewhere that sells bits and bobs, including a perforated pipe that you can bend to shape to fit your intercooler.

I know a guy where you can get a temp sensor (M14 fine thread) that does up to 140'C I think. He also does a nice unit that is a boost, temp and A/F diplay and includes triggering water spray/injection based on IAT & Boost.

messer

May 5, 2005
The temp sensor is for an LCD ACT reading using a thermocouple of someking I think. I am trying to develop a system that is really simple to fit. Currently my set up fires an atomised mist in to the intercooler inlet tract. I tested it briefly the other day when we had sweltering hot sun, the difference I did think was noticeable, but I want figures hence why I am trying to get the ACT set up finished.

There is a place called turbobits.co.uk but they are after about £130 for a controller, my complete set up with atomising jets has cost about £60 and is pretty good too

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
messer said:
The temp sensor is for an LCD ACT reading using a thermocouple of someking I think. I am trying to develop a system that is really simple to fit. Currently my set up fires an atomised mist in to the intercooler inlet tract. I tested it briefly the other day when we had sweltering hot sun, the difference I did think was noticeable, but I want figures hence why I am trying to get the ACT set up finished.

There is a place called turbobits.co.uk but they are after about £130 for a controller, my complete set up with atomising jets has cost about £60 and is pretty good too

I understood that a contact thermocouple (if that's what you mean) doesn't react fast enough to really be of use.

turbobits.co.uk is where I saw the spray bars! I can't see nozzles though, is it an aquamist nozzle you're using?

messer

May 5, 2005
Im not sure of the thermocouple, I have a friend who is doing all of my electrics, I have just plumbed in the jets and pump and explained the circuit I want, I have utilised the original washer bottle and still have both windscreen washers. My circuit is:

Off, On, Manual.

Off - self explanitary

On - Spray is activated at 0-1bar(adjustable) and is on a timed (adjustable) pulse ie 1 sec pulse, 1 sec off, 1 sec pulse and so on. System remains active for 0-5 secs (adjustable) after the pressure switch is deactivated (if thats the word) so it carries on pulsing during gear changes and after a good caning! :)

Manual - Push button, pulse spray (ajustable as above)

The jets are micro atomising jets that I got from the states earlier this year whilst in San Fran! Got a load of jets, tees, micro bore pipe and electrical components as I was hoping to nock some of these spray kits up for a small (yes small, I am just trying to cover time, costs and beer tokens) profit if they prove to work.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Are 32-45C good charge temps on uni intercooler for a ko3s? as thinkin upgrading to a BIGGER CORE if these are too high, Out side temps are 22C

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.