Air-con on even when turned off

ruida_silva

Feb 6, 2018
Been having a weird and annoying issue with my 2016 Ibiza with manual climate where even when I turn the AC button off (Light is off as well) the air is still very cold.

There's 2 scenarios in which this happens. If I turn the dial to the windscreen/defrost setting or I turn the temp dial to the coldest then take it back a notch so I can turn the air con off the air still comes out freezing as though the air con is still on? Is this common? Sometimes I just want the coldest available air without aircon.

Very rare issue, don't expect many answers but, TIA

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I know from most VW Group cars that if you have the AC OFF and then demand defrost/demist, then by default the AC gets switched on.

I've never noticed that the AC comes on, when switched off in a car with auto AC, when demanding Lo.

In my wife's previous car a 2002 VW Polo I used to select AUTO as in temperature control AND air distribution, and follow that up quickly but switching the now ON AC OFF, and it was quite happy to operate under these commands.

ruida_silva

Feb 6, 2018
I know from most VW Group cars that if you have the AC OFF and then demand defrost/demist, then by default the AC gets switched on.

I've never noticed that the AC comes on, when switched off in a car with auto AC, when demanding Lo.

In my wife's previous car a 2002 VW Polo I used to select AUTO as in temperature control AND air distribution, and follow that up quickly but switching the now ON AC OFF, and it was quite happy to operate under these commands.

Okay that makes some sense but my previous MK2 Fabia with electronic climate control didn’t do that. Also doesn’t explain why when I select the air to go to my feet or face, aircon doesn’t immediately turn off when I turn it to coldest, dial it back then then air con off.

Mine is manual climate so doesn’t have any auto setting, just the rotating dials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk