Air filters

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
Has anyone changed their standard air filters for a piper or k&n etc? I still have my A3 piper but not sure if it will fit? I quickly looked when i got it home tonight but ive only had the car a few hours and when i looked it was dark lol.

Whats the best option to go for in terms of brands?

I dont want an induction kit i cant be bothered with the cost and hassle so would like to use my A3 piper i got if that wont fit ill buy a different one and sell the one from the A3

Also where exactly is the air filter on the Exeo the A3 was dead obvious but the Exeo looks more tricky and i cant find anywhere on the net to show me.

Cheers

Jon

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hello Jon,

The air filter is situated behind the drivers headlamp. Unscrew the 2 retaining screws on the front slam panel holding the flexi duct to the slam panel. At the other end, carefully pull the flexiduct straight upwards from its mounting guide, only push-fitted, easily comes out. That will leave you with the inlet on show. There are then 2 more screws holding the air filter housing together. Carefully undo them ( they dont come right out, only loosens them) then you can open the airbox & remove the standard filter.

I got some metal framed unit (name escapes me, but its not K & N, Pipercross or Green) slipped it in & put it all back together. Dont expect miracles cause you wont get it, but it breathes better and is slightly more responsive.

Check K & N website direct for your units dimensions, then check the Exeo's. E Bay sellers often link back to the main supplier as well.

Good luck!

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
Thanks for that Stupra, i should have updated as i found it yesterday its inverted which is what confused me lol, doesnt take much. I have still not sourced a air filter though as ive read that K&N xan damage the MAF.

I would be interested to see what others have done/used. Surely alot of the parts must be shared with an A4?

Jon

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Pipercross were the ones that used to effect MAF's, as the foam was soaked in oil, and it used to coat the wire inside the MAF.

Not sure on K&N, but they do state that they don't void manufacturers warranties etc, and give you a little card to stick in the car whenever you take it in to the dealers for warranty work/servicing etc.

Been meaning to pick one up for mine, just not got round to it yet! :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise