Aircon Leak....

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
well was booked in at SEAT this morning, car went in... 5 mins later come out to me and said there was a major leak in the system.... took me through to my car to show me and heard it leaking from behind my forge fmic.... they said it could be the condensor....which would be expensive....

the guy said to me probs best keep your window down for a bit....lol. they said the would strip down the front end but the labour would be more as i have the fmic ect... so they said if you want to strip it down saves on labour so they can diagnose it....

anyone else had leaks problems?

wonder if a can pick one up 2nd hand?

Oct 2, 2006
The same happened to me a while ago bud, it gave me the incentive to get rid of all of the air con system to be honest, I was already debating to do it, you would be quite suprised at how much weight you save from removing it all. Just my 2ps worth.

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
yeh was also thinking of removing it... but then sometimes like the privalige of having it... aint sure yet..

is there a fuse that controls the aircon seperatly save it keep trying to turn on every time i put blowers or is it linked with the whole unit?

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
I had exactly the same problem.
I took mine to quik-fit to have it regassed. They supposedly leak test it, mine came back positive so they filled it and sent me on my way.

The next morning the gas was completely gone and the oil had dripped over the drive.

I went back, they got the UV light out, admitted it was leaking and I got my money back.

I then took a trip to Halfords, bought a can of DIY aircon sealer, and a can of DIY R134a, the lot cost me £60.
It slowly leaked abit for about 5mins before it was completely sealed.

Did that about 3 months ago and its been blowing cold ever since.

scott99

If its the condenser thats leaking then its a new condenser or if your a handy at brazing and can get it taken out then do that...I wouldnt bother with the halfords diy kit coz those sealing kits will wear out and you might not charge the system up correctly