alhambra front door panal removal

nivram

greetings
could anyone tell me how to remove the front inside door panals of the seat alhambra. i am trying to get to the speakers to try to change them for ones with a bit more bass, (any suggestions) but i need to know what size the fitted ones are before i go any further.
any help much appriciated [EMAIL="[email protected]:chttp://www.seatcupra.net/forums/images/smilies/crying.gif
:cry:ry:

nivram

alambra info

hi fredt
my alambra is 2002 se 110 , the stereo i fitted is great its a sony CDX-A250 it is 4x50 watts
per channal, but the speakers in the alambra dont do it justice, i just want to change the front two.to get a bit more base. any ideas ?there are plenty of speakers on ebay but what to get?
cheers for now
nivram
:

nivram

speakers

hello stu b
your right about having all the speakers changed but there is only myself and wife who use the car, and so we only hear the front two speakers, plus as a wrinkly, it would be to big a job dont you think? plus there are 8 speakers in the car, so to change them all would also cost a lot. i'm not looking to have the car sound like the young people's cars where you can feel the base when they drive past, just a bit more depth to the sound.
thanks for reply
cheers
nivram

nivram

oops!!!!!!

hello again stu b
just read the thread again from you, yes it looks like yours and is indeed 115 tdi,sad when we get old, not only losing memory but bhp also.
ah well
nivram

damn post 2000 :( pre 200 is my specialty :D but here goes...............
remove the door mirror controls, just clipped into the door card
you also need to remove the internal door handle trim plate, to do this the finger plate needs to be removed first, the rubberised part thats peeling :( in the D section pulls out! with this out the trim plate with the window switches will now lift out? it may need a bit of effort as it's clipped into the main door card! unplug the window switches and store the plate somewhere safe
with this out of the way you should be able to some large phillips headed screws? remove these and store safely as you'll need them later :D
now the fun bit :blink: removeing the door card! its held in place by several push in clips around it perimeter there are two schools of thought on how to remove this!
1. gently prise the card away from the door using the correct tool! or the wifes best fish knife :D filler knife, putty tool etc
2. push the door car up and it should slide up enough to allow the clips to slide out of the slots they fit into? if you do this you will still need to remove the clips and locate them back into the slots so you just locate the top edge of the card in the window slot and pop it back into place using the flat of your hand!

right if you now have the door card off in one peice? you candnow see the vapour barrier? DO NOT CUT IT! :wtf: if you need to remove it to gain better access to the doors internals? run a sharp blade between it and the door cutting through the adhesive/sealer like your filleting a fish! that way you keep it in one peice, it will fit back with out any holes or tape holding it togther and it will do it's job of keeping moisture out of the car better :)
right then, you should now be able to see the speakers? if so there are a four screws holding them in place IIRC remove these and pull the speakers out of the door, replace with ....... X brand speaker...... oe speakers are 17cms DIA IIRC?
good luck and depending how you remove the door card? it may be worth a trip to the dealers to get a few replacement clips are your sure to need some :cry:

nivram

phew!!!!!!!!!!!

hi fredt
well thanks for that, i think its to involved i will have to put up with thin sound, however looking on ebay there appears to be a single bass speaker that can be put into the boot or under a seat that enhances the sound i will look into it and report back,
many thanks to you and stu b for helping out. i think its a great site for information.
speak soon
nivram

trinialhambra

Im new here but if you check around there is a company named RAINBOW, they manufacture a shallow mount 6.5" that they claim fit as a direct replacemtn for the Alhambras-
trust me when i say that Rainbows are audiophile speakers!
Look for the X-PLAIN line of speakers!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise