Alhambras and rust?

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Morning Guys and Gals,

Been years since I last posted on this forum after moving away from SEATS with the sale of my Leon Cupra in 2005. However, I maybe re-entering the fold with a possible purchase of a 2006 SEAT Alhambra 2.0Tdi Reference.

I am looking at a tidy car with 106K on the clock. However, it does have rust in front of rear wheels at the base of the dog legs on the sills. Having done a little more research, it seems the Ford Galaxy (which looks like the same car) suffers from corrosion underneath.

Anyone got any insights into Rust and Alhambras??

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Morning Guys and Gals,

Been years since I last posted on this forum after moving away from SEATS with the sale of my Leon Cupra in 2005. However, I maybe re-entering the fold with a possible purchase of a 2006 SEAT Alhambra 2.0Tdi Reference.

I am looking at a tidy car with 106K on the clock. However, it does have rust in front of rear wheels at the base of the dog legs on the sills. Having done a little more research, it seems the Ford Galaxy (which looks like the same car) suffers from corrosion underneath.

Anyone got any insights into Rust and Alhambras??

Hi Kam

I see this was posted some time ago but wondering if you went for Alhambra or not? If you did how is the car doing now rust wise under the car?

Cheers

Mar 20, 2024
Common Rust Spots on Alhambra:

• Sills: The area you mentioned, at the base of the dog legs on the sills, is a common spot for rust on Alhambras. This can be due to water collecting and pooling there.
  • Wheel Arches: The wheel arches are another vulnerable area, especially if the car hasn't had paint touch-ups from minor stone chips.
  • Underside: While less common than sill rust, the underside of the Alhambra can also be susceptible to rust, particularly if it hasn't been treated with an undercoating or if it's frequently driven in harsh winter conditions with salt on the roads.