All DPF Owners

gaffer1986

I am starting a thread to try and determine how many DPF owners are on this website and how many problems people are having, whilst taking into the account the sort of driving they do.

This thread may help provide people with ammunition to get SEAT to sort their DPFs out if they play up.

I will start with mine, please add to the list, hopefully we can get one long list instead of individual posts.

gaffer1986: 1900 miles, no DPF light yet, mainly short journeys with fortnightly 30 mile trip.

Last edited:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
nightflight: 6000 miles, mainly 5-6 mile journeys to work. 8/9 DPF lights (roughly) currently at the dealers for its 2nd dealer forced regen.

harper2009

Feb 15, 2010
Harper2009: 1100 Miles, 18 miles each day to work, DPF light only once at exactly 1000 Miles.

Citrus

8700 miles, 50 mile trip 5 days a week plus additional short journeys, no DPF light yet. Can I ask what the light looks like?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
600 miles, mostly 12 mile commutes to work. Light came on once, was lit for about 2 minutes then went off.

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
Paul: 11500 miles, light been on 5 times and its a pain to take it on a long undisturbed route to turn it off!

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
It looks like only a few people have had problems so far! which you know seat will just say its our "driving style" and not the car! You can see that coming a mile off!

Hank

Sep 20, 2009
4700 miles, mixed roads but mainly A roads with some dual carriageway. No DPF problems or lights.

DaBigDogg

Feb 3, 2010
Wirral, Merseyside
9000+ miles no dpf lights 40 mile each way mixed motorway/a roads weekdays odd journeys at weekend. Always regenerating itself through winter but this last month it has done it less and just seems to be flying like there is less resistance and back pressure.

JonnyT30

Jul 18, 2009
Have done about 6000 miles and see the light about every 6 weeks, but only when its trying to do a regen and I end up doing loads of short journies.
My normal journey to work is about 15 miles. Normally when it tries for a regen every 10 days or so, I go the long way home from work to allow it to finish the regen cycle. But as mentioned in a previous thread, I ended up at the dealers the other week because I couldn't get the light to go out, and as it turned out neither could they. But NightFlight has posted a big explanation on here and somewhere it says that the light can come on even if the filter is not blocked. Thats a great help then.:wtf:

Frudo

1500 miles, mostly 3 mile trips, but even longer trips of 30-50 miles rarely over 2000 rpm light on twice, 20 mile trip at 2500 rpm to clear, ave mpg 44.

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
MINE CAME ON AGAIN TODAY SO MAKE THAT 6 TIMES LOL! 3rd gear 2500 revs defo best for quick clearance of the filter!

mand1

mand1: 3500 miles, mainly short trips less than 10miles, light been on twice now :(

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
the reason you lot are geting DPF lights on is because your all doing silly short journeys in your cars!

you need to do atleast 15 miles in 1 journey for the light not to come on....
every one who is doing 5-10 mile trips wont have eeven let their engine warm up.. let alone the turbo.

and doing this day in day out will cause huge premature wear on the engine part and turbo due to nothing reaching and stabalising at full operating temp.

JonnyT30

Jul 18, 2009
the reason you lot are geting DPF lights on is because your all doing silly short journeys in your cars!

you need to do atleast 15 miles in 1 journey for the light not to come on....
every one who is doing 5-10 mile trips wont have eeven let their engine warm up.. let alone the turbo.

and doing this day in day out will cause huge premature wear on the engine part and turbo due to nothing reaching and stabalising at full operating temp.

Well i'm glad somebody has come on here and told me what i'm doing wrong.:lol:

The thing is though, on several occasions of doing journeys of 160 miles I have noticed my car doing a regen after about 130 of them. Now if i had interrupted the regen attempts too often I would also have seen the light then. So agreed, short journeys don't do any good, but everybody has to nip to the shops every now and again. It doesn't matter how far you travel, if you continuously interrupt the regen cycle on comes the light. What I think would be helpful on these cars would be a gauge(like the fuel gauge) that indicates the level of saturation of the dpf.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise