All in servicing and warranty package for Cupra

Jan 18, 2022
Just had an email offering 20% off, making monthly payments £26.39. Eligibility check has to be done by 2 May 2022.
Not quite as good as the 25% Black Friday deal, but still good value.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I also got the same email for the Leon FR just traded in. Also received an email from VWFS on important information about my extended warranty policy...I never took out as I traded the car in (no customer details on the email though!). I did chuckle about the letter mailed to me 2 weeks ago from Cupra apologising for the delays in the vehicle I had ordered o_O. My address but someone else's name...if only!

tomosllyr

Jun 7, 2021
Does anyone know if they're offering the 20% discount to everyone at the moment? Or just a select few?

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I also got the same email for the Leon FR just traded in. Also received an email from VWFS on important information about my extended warranty policy...I never took out as I traded the car in (no customer details on the email though!). I did chuckle about the letter mailed to me 2 weeks ago from Cupra apologising for the delays in the vehicle I had ordered o_O. My address but someone else's name...if only!
Update...just had an email (with personalised letter this time) from VWFS apologising for any confusion due to an "isolated administrative mistake".

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
I'm assuming remapped cars are an immediate rejection? Even if any issues are non engine related?

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Thinking about this for my MY16 Cupra ST 290, had the car for 6 months it turns 6 end of July, not eligible after then.
Its got all routine service history but not had a diff lock oil change (req every 3 years as extra) nor air con service (again an extra to be done im told, but not in the maintenance manual). Dealer said (rightly or wrongly) these need to be brought up to date before i can go on the All In plan.

Oh and coolant level needs topping up more than normal might indicate a failing water pump, so maybe worth me considering this plan as it could be an expensive one off repair.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Thinking about this for my MY16 Cupra ST 290, had the car for 6 months it turns 6 end of July, not eligible after then.
Its got all routine service history but not had a diff lock oil change (req every 3 years as extra) nor air con service (again an extra to be done im told, but not in the maintenance manual). Dealer said (rightly or wrongly) these need to be brought up to date before i can go on the All In plan.

Oh and coolant level needs topping up more than normal might indicate a failing water pump, so maybe worth me considering this plan as it could be an expensive one off repair.
Is your ST 4drive?
I understood the diff lock was only on FWD? There was another thread where someone was told they needed this, and the car doesn't even have it!

Air con service just sounds like more profit for the garage. If you think it needs an AC service (eg not getting as cold as should), then maybe do it. But might just need re-gas rather than full air con service.

As for the plan, it's probably down to your attitude to risk. If something big goes in the warranty period, then it's likely worth it. But it's effectively insurance. My car is not eligible yet. It did look like a reasonable plan when I last looked, but I don't think the savings are as big as SEAT make out.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

@Tinbum51; There does seem to be an inconsistent approach across VAG brands with regard to any o/s ‘recommended’ - as opposed to required - work for a vehicle to pass the All-In eligibility check. There are owners of Golf R’s over on vwroc.com forum who’ve had their vehicles pass the eligibility check when the recommended ‘every two years’ air con service hasn’t been carried out. I can remember reading on this forum a while back in a separate discussion thread where a forum member’s car hadn‘t had the air con service carried out; the dealer stated it needed to be done first before the vehicle would be eligible for the All-In product.

Be aware that the small print in All-In warranty product might not cover your potentially failing water pump as it’s normal for warranty products of this type to exclude existing defects. VW‘s All-In product does exclude existing defects, and assuming the wording of the equivalent Seat product is the same (the only difference being the branding), then the same existing defects exclusion will be in Seat’s All-In product too. Therefore, if signs of a failing water pump are picked up during the free eligibility check (e.g. the smell of coolant, coolant leaks or coolant stains in the engine compartment, low coolant level), then replacing the water pump may not be covered under the warranty as it‘s likely it would be excluded under the ‘existing defects’ exclusion.

On VW’s website, there’s a link to the All-In warranty T&C’s (below). I can’t see a similar link on the Seat website but as said above, I doubt the small print under the Seat product will be any different. The exclusion of existing defects is at the bottom of the fifth page (VW have helpfully not numbered the pages! 🤣);

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Is your ST 4drive?
I understood the diff lock was only on FWD? There was another thread where someone was told they needed this, and the car doesn't even have it!

Air con service just sounds like more profit for the garage. If you think it needs an AC service (eg not getting as cold as should), then maybe do it. But might just need re-gas rather than full air con service.

As for the plan, it's probably down to your attitude to risk. If something big goes in the warranty period, then it's likely worth it. But it's effectively insurance. My car is not eligible yet. It did look like a reasonable plan when I last looked, but I don't think the savings are as big as SEAT make out.
Its not a 4drive so does have a diff lock.
I am tempted, especially as just had to have a whole new panoramic sunroof fitted after a initial bracket failure bent the frame damaged the glass, it had never been serviced as specified so £2000 out of pocket already. Also if the water pump does give up its about another £700, also the car has done 50k miles now and unsure if it needs anything like cam belt replacement.

Reactions: seatgraham

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I am tempted, especially as just had to have a whole new panoramic sunroof fitted after a initial bracket failure bent the frame damaged the glass, it had never been serviced as specified so £2000 out of pocket already. Also if the water pump does give up its about another £700, also the car has done 50k miles now and unsure if it needs anything like cam belt replacement.
@Tinbum51 - see my post #29 above regarding your water pump.

The All-In warranty is essentially a product covering sudden electrical and mechanical failures. Sunroofs aren’t covered as they’re considered to be bodywork (see first page - definition of bodywork - at the link in my previous post), and there’s an exclusion of bodywork under the ’What is not covered? section on the fifth page. So if you were to have any subsequent issues with your sunroof, the All-In product wouldn’t cover rectifying the issues.

As for cam belt replacement - your car has a timing chain (non serviceable item) rather than a cam belt, so the cost of a cam belt replacement is something you won’t have to suffer 🙂)

Last edited:

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
@Tinbum51 - see my post #29 above regarding your water pump.

The All-In warranty is essentially a product covering sudden electrical and mechanical failures. Sunroofs aren’t covered as they’re considered to be bodywork (see first page - definition of bodywork - at the link in my previous post), and there’s an exclusion of bodywork under the ’What is not covered? section on the fifth page. So if you were to have any subsequent issues with your sunroof, the All-In product wouldn’t cover rectifying the issues.

As for cam belt replacement - your car has a timing chain (non serviceable item) rather than a cam belt, so the cost of a cam belt replacement is something you won’t have to suffer 🙂)
Re the sunroof, if the whole unit and glass was fitted at the dealership as a brand new item surely it is covered under its own warranty anyway going forward?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Tinbum51 - The sunroof should be warranted for two years - see below from Seat’s website;

SEAT Original Parts
All our original parts carry a warranty for a period of two years with unlimited mileage from the date of purchase. The wear and tear and service adjustment exclusions applicable to new vehicles also apply to the parts warranty.

Some items may have a warranty lasting longer than two years. Your SEAT Retailer will let you know if that’s the case at the time of purchase.

The warranty on SEAT Original Parts fitted to a vehicle as part of a warranty claim ends on the date the vehicle’s original warranty expires.

All replaced parts become the property of the SEAT UK.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I think it is worth considering for peace of mind. But I would check what is included and excluded.
And consider that SEAT's pre-discount prices may be inflated. So savings may be misleading.
That said, if you're getting a discounted price it may be good value - and avoid any nasty surprise bills later.
I believe the warranty is transferable too, so if you did sell the car it's a selling point...

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Bare in mind that this warranty covers virtually nothing of actual worth, its been gutted compared to a few years ago. No clutches, gearboxes, engines. Not worth the html its written on to be honest.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Bare in mind that this warranty covers virtually nothing of actual worth, its been gutted compared to a few years ago. No clutches, gearboxes, engines. Not worth the html its written on to be honest.
I'm surprised at that. When I looked (although it was a while ago), the extended warranty included most major parts.
Maybe I am thinking of the extended warranty you can get when you purchase the car (which is the same as the original warranty cover essentially).

tomosllyr

Jun 7, 2021
For anyone who's got a plan - how do you actually purchase it? On Seat's website page for this plan there is only an option to "Book eligibility check" which I had done yesterday morning. I spoke to Seat last night after it was done and they said to speak to my local retailer. I spoke to them today and they said they can only offer a service plan with their group of garages, not the all in plan with Seat.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
For anyone who's got a plan - how do you actually purchase it? On Seat's website page for this plan there is only an option to "Book eligibility check" which I had done yesterday morning. I spoke to Seat last night after it was done and they said to speak to my local retailer. I spoke to them today and they said they can only offer a service plan with their group of garages, not the all in plan with Seat.

Here you go matey;

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
That's only offering me the service plan though, not the all-in one
You have to do the eligibility check with the actual dealer, also bare in mind that certain dealers are changing the goalposts vs what the Seat website states as eligible. When i first enquired to the Marshal group their eligibility was the same as Seat website.

Some Seat dealers are also not offering the all in one either, Marshal does if its any help.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.