All interior lights not working

craigo14

Sep 28, 2014
Hi all. I’ve searched and found some old threads about this but can’t get to the bottom of it.

All inside lights are not working. Just purchased car and looks like the guy has had LED bulbs fitted. Pulled them out and tested for power bit nothing.

Checked all fuses. All ok. Has anyone a solid fix for this or had experience of it recently. I’m lead to believe it is powered from the BCM or convenience module Ive seen references to online. Had anyone any wiring diagrams or terminal numbers that I can check.

Thanks in advance. Car is 2012 Leon FR 170

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
Have you tried manually toggling all the lights using the interior switch?

Maybe get a full scan done, it's possible when installing the LED's they triggered something and the module shut them off for some reason.

craigo14

Sep 28, 2014
Yeah. Still not working. I’ve pulled the bulbs out and checked with a mulimeter. No power at any bulbs including the boot and glovebox.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have you checked that you've got 12v at the fuse board (with the fuse out)? Also... did you continuity test the fuse? I've taken out fuses before that looked perfectly fine. But when I stuck a multimeter on them, they failed. Dunno if this is any help:
1594196714467.png

craigo14

Sep 28, 2014
Have you checked that you've got 12v at the fuse board (with the fuse out)? Also... did you continuity test the fuse? I've taken out fuses before that looked perfectly fine. But when I stuck a multimeter on them, they failed. Dunno if this is any help:
View attachment 16378
Are you able to take a closer picture of the terminal numbers at the control unit in/out and also the fuses. Thanks, much appreciated sir

craigo14

Sep 28, 2014
Spot on mate. Went out and had another look. I pulled out the last owners LED bulbs and put in normal bulbs. Still no change. Disconnected battery to reset control unit. Success. After powering down for around 10mins bulbs now work. All good. Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: Legojon
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.