VW Touran rear Aero wiper

**Interior & ICE**
VW Passat w8 interior light
Automatic rearview mirror in black
Rain sensor

**Transmission/Drivetrain**
LCR gearbox
South Bend Stage 3 daily clutch kit

Latest RR: 210BHP and 355NM (262 lb/ft) (dyno from 2/8-2010)

**Future mods hopefully**
Trackday Tyres 17"
audi S3 front upper and lower Strut Brace --waiting to be fitted--
4" big cold feed pipe to airbox --waiting to be fitted--
FMIC --waiting to be fitted--
rear ARB
rods
bigger turbo either CRT/badger5 K03 hybrid turbo or maybe Gt2860rs / HTA2868 / EFR6258

Why dont i have a Leon Cupra-R? here is a story of my seat leon.

In Denmark where i live, cars are more expensive than many other countries, there for not many leon cupra-r around here, i have been told only 2 cupra-r's where official
sold here from the seat dealers, some more are privat imports from germany.

Thats why i only have the small 180bhp model from 2001 with an APP engine code, with its boring look of a pre-facelift leon, that should soon change :)
my car looked used and somewhat in poor condition from the paint and small scratches etc when I bought it.

I decided to change alot around the car and give it a fresh new look. Therefore I bought new Cupra-R front and rear bumpers, side skirts and all the small stuff needed to do the upgrade.
the whole car where painted in the original black metallic color but the metal in the new metalic paint i chose to change to the bigger metal, the original coler from seat is the small metal, and Im very happy that i did this choice.

When i did the car back togetter after the paint shop, windows in the back doors and window in the rear door got a light tinted. and a new windshield with the fitment of
a new rearview mirror with rain sensor and Automatic rearview mirror, and when i was started there i also got a VW Passat w8 interior light and cruise control at the same time.
when i got to the doors i also did a small sound upgrade/improvement for more quiet ride with Variotex mats on the metal inside of the doors and also some on the inside of the roof.

The handling of the car also had to be upgraded some, so i fitted a Eibach coilovers and powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes, and went from the small 16" seat alloy wheels to 18" alloywheels with Continental SportContact tires.

The story of my car i think never wil have an ending, not befor i in some future time gets a new car, and a new story begins.

KTK17sep2011_1.jpg

09082010790.jpg

09082010791.jpg

09082010793.jpg

09082010794.jpg

09082010799.jpg

09082010800.jpg

09082010811.jpg

sorry for picture quality, its from my mobile phone, i dont have any better.

28/7-2010. new Stainless sport cat and 70mm Cupra-R Milltek CAT-back Resonated exhaust from JVK-tuning.dk, fitted with some help from my friend that could help me with welding the Stainless steel togetter,
because my downpipe is from one place/shop and my sport cat is only a universal sport cat, and the milltek cupra-r exhaust needed a new transition to the cat other then the 2bolt cupra-r flange that i cant use.

nice quiet (not loud) with a nice sound when on full power.

2/8-2010. final the dyno day after my new exhaust is comeplete.
last dyno befor this day was 195bhp and 343nm (253 lb/ft), now its 210bhp and 355nm (262 lb/ft). but still no useful power after 5200RPM, okay its still a small turbo.
dyno is "nat mekanikeren" in denmark. (fonny info: translated the name "nat mekanikeren" means "the night mechanic")

20/8-2010. got some parts from INA.
density line mounts: street density engine and gearbox mount, track density dogbone mount and track density top mounts/strut mount.
today i got to fit all of them except the top mounts/strut mount. but refitted my old dogbone with the powerflex.

20/8-2011. new parts and some upgrades.
new Steering rack, new complete trackrods, used Cupra-r wheel hub carrier with new bearings, Cupra-r/S3 wishbones with new ball joints, vw golf mk4 R32 front 23mm ARB with droplinks, new inner and outer cv joint both left and right side.
also with new 4 wheel alignment.
new brakes, ATE power disc, and Ferodo DS2500 on the front

28/10-2011 new parts.
APR R1 recirculating diverter valve, LCR top mounts and bearings.

4/5-2012 new parts from both the UK and the USA.
New low mileage LCR gearbox. Thanks to Viking on the forum for the help.
South Bend Stage 3 daily clutch kit.
New OEM flywheel.

27/12-2012 new parts.
New timing belt kit and waterpump.

Last edited:

Petrol head

That's some serious modding! I like it. A few quid spent there I would say?

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
earlier this week i received a package from INA (INA Engineering http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/member.php?u=24889)
Density line mounts:
street density engine mount
street density gearbox mount
track density dogbone
track density strut mounts

after work today i fitted some of this, the engine and gearbox mount and the dogbone. easy job, it only took about one hour to fit them.

then of for quick test drive, i then notice that some strange sound from what i think is the exhaust down pipe hitting the heat shield.
back and on the lift again and have a look. hmm dont look like some think wrong, but there is some some scratches on the downpipe around where the heatshiel is, but its not close when the car is not driving, unfitted the new density dogbone, and i try moving the density dogbone and the old dogbone with my hands pushing it around and using the floor to figur out what and how soft it is, the problems seams to be the new track density dogbone is softer then the OEM small end of the dogbone and the big end has the powerflex insert witch is much harder, so the track density dogbone is not going back on my car then, then refitted the old dogbone with the powerflex insert.

new test drive and the strange sound is gone.

also got my new audi S3 front upper strut brace customised to fit around the bonnet lifter. but not fitted to the car, i will get this powder coated black befor i fit it.

11082010813.jpg

11082010816.jpg

11082010818.jpg

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
just did my comfort control modul (CCM) remote windows feature, and it is nice that it works now.

for any one that want some help here is what i did.

VDC software that i used, burn it on a CD and booted from it.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2115418&postcount=75

kabel that i used
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2115636&postcount=85

this is a left hand drive car, so think about it befor you just do the same to your car if it is right hand drive (UK).

CCM part number 1J0 959 799 AH

Memory Address old value new value
(04295 10 10)
04283 10 2
04289 10 2
08628 242 244
12724 250 252
16820 242 244
20916 250 252

now my car has auto window up and down by the remote keyfob, and its now more safe because the mechanical lock in the door dos not control the auto window feature, the auto windows is only on the keyfob now.

i did my research here on seatcupra.net and here on this forum: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=161339

both software and kabel worked the first time without any problems.

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
Hi really liking the look of your car! how did you fit the rain sensor and auto dim mirror?

thanks.

you need new windshield (different mounting point on the glass)
new mirror and plastic covers for it, i got my mirror and plastic covers in black.
new rainsensor and a small wire kit.

here is the wire kit that i used:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p180_c22_Rainsensing-Interior-Mirror---Harness---VW-Golf-4.html

when you buy of this shop you get a online manual for mounting as a .pdf on the website when you login after you receive the kit with the post.

only remember that you can see some small bit of the wire at the roof. (if you dont like that, then you have to buy a new roof fabric that is for cars with rainsensor)

if you want i can get all the seat part numbers if you need it.

feel free to ask if any questions.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
thanks.

you need new windshield (different mounting point on the glass)
new mirror and plastic covers for it, i got my mirror and plastic covers in black.
new rainsensor and a small wire kit.

here is the wire kit that i used:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p180_c22_Rainsensing-Interior-Mirror---Harness---VW-Golf-4.html

when you buy of this shop you get a online manual for mounting as a .pdf on the website when you login after you receive the kit with the post.

only remember that you can see some small bit of the wire at the roof. (if you dont like that, then you have to buy a new roof fabric that is for cars with rainsensor)

if you want i can get all the seat part numbers if you need it.

feel free to ask if any questions.

Wow that seems alot of work I may do somthing like this if i smash my windscreen

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
after long time of waiting on parts now i have just done the cupra-r front end suspension conversion on my car.
i did it for the handeling upgrade, and i always wanted to have adjustable camber.

i already have the Eibach Pro-Street-S coilovers, those are the same for both lc and lcr, so they have the mounting hole for lcr droplinks, so that part is no issue.

after som research, i know that i needed hub of a LCR with nut type driveshafts, and thanks to Phillc and CupraMVR for the info i needed. research 1 and research 2

subframe on the floor, new 23mm r32 front ARB, r32 ABR is the same as LCR but stronger/thicker, with new lcr droplinks and new bush for the ARB on the subframe. the bracket for the bush can be a little bit difficult to get into position, abit tight on the subframe, but i used a big "water pump plier/multi purpose plier" (not sure what you call it!?)

new lcr/s3 wishbones with new bushes and new ball-joins, all off ebay as one kit.

from a 210bhp AMK LCR, used wheel hub carrier with hub (nut type), dust cover and abs sensor from a guy who was breaking a LCR in parts on ebay, i just fitted new wheel bearings when i got them, dont want any problems later.

also mounted a new steering rack with new complete trackrods as i was not happy with the old steering rack, swapped the left and right outer trackrod ends, LC have outer trackrods on the top, and LCR have them on the underside.

also got a wheel alignment done with a guy that knows alot about wheel alignments on road and track cars, he and i chose to have 1degree and 10minutes of negativ camber, as too much negativ camber will rip of the inside of the tyre and as my car is not a 100%track car but my everyday car, then it is not what i want, but little more camber then stock LCR i have now.

and the handeling is way better now, it feels much more tight, and it almost do the turns by it self now, so to speak.

now i cant wait to have the complete suspension opgrade, only need the rear ARB and audi S3 front upper and lower strut brace done i think.

also did new disc and pads on the front, ATE power disc, elliptical slotted/grooved and Ferodo DS2500 pads, im curious how they drive and if they make noise.

here is some pictures new parts:
steering rack, R32 ARB, droplinks dont know why i dont have any pictures of the wishbones :doh:
15042011093.jpg

R32 ARB fitted
14082011207.jpg

here you can se some of the differences between LC and LCR wheel hub carrier, left LCR, right LC
14082011210.jpg

Last edited:

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
fitted my new APR R1 recirculating diverter valve i bought at the same time with my South Bend stage 3 daily clutch kit, but the clutch is not fitted yet.

Fitted the PowerFlex bush to the small end of the dogbone, not so easy.

i have had some weird noises from my front right suspension, could not quite understand it because everything was practically new except the Eiback coilovers and the top mounts+bearings.

but then i have an excuse to buy something new and possibly improved :D, new LCR top mount and bearings was ordered, and i was hoping that it was not anything wrong with the coilovers.

but anyways, i got the wheels of the car and did find something that was loose, but not sure what it was, did not feel like something i had seen befor, odd.
of with the coilovers, and get it apart on the table. yes the loose part was from the coilovers, the shock absorber was loose inside the "coil-housing", the top special nut which holds the shock absorber firm in plase had to be tightened, but not something i could do with normal tools without making scratches that i would like not to do, the nut has 4 holes on the top, just like some angle grinder do. i used an angle grinder tool to tighten it.

also had some brake screaming when driving around town when braking slow with light pedal pressure, after i fitted the DS2500 brake pads.
i know the OEM seat brake pads has something "anti-scream" coating on the rear of the metal on the brake pads, and the DS2500 did not, so i found some "anti-scream" at the local Biltema shop (name in English: CarTheme), i did customized it with a knife.
and its magic, the brake scream is now gone completely.

now guess who is smiling again, with all the odd noises gone :p

28102011259.jpg

28102011267.jpg

28102011265.jpg

28102011256.jpg

28102011260.jpg

28102011277.jpg

28102011289.jpg

28102011285.jpg

why is it only allowed to post 10 images and why is that include use of smilies? odd.

Last edited:

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
My car needed either a new gearbox or the old one in the car needed a refurb.

Viking on the forum helped me find a gearbox in the UK with ok low mileage, as these gearboxes go for around 810+vat where i live, and those have all done way more then 100.000 miles.
There for i could get one from the UK with less mileage for much less money, thats a win win for me, nice with a good cumunity on these forums.
I can now say this, after trying to find a gearbox from some of the UK breaker/scrapyeards ar not so nice to people when i email them and say i want parts shipped out of the UK.

When i have to get the gearbox of the car i also wanted to opgrade the clutch as this also needed replacement in the near future, so why not do it the same time.
some research done and i chose a South Bend Stage 3 daily clutch kit from the USA, which is rated to 470 lb/ft.

Also got a new OEM flywheel to fit together with the new clutch setup.

Some pictures of the Parts
2012-05-04-046_zpsa0b34f4e.jpg

South Bend Stage 3 daily clutch fitted
2012-05-04-048_zpsa4f4b77e.jpg

When i have the time i will open the old gearbox and see if i can get it up to date with new bearings and stuff and maybe sell it later on.

Also did the timing belt and new water pump the other day.

gacoart

Mar 18, 2015
Im really liking what youve done to your car.
I been trying to setup the windows to open up with the remote, but havent had any luck getting my cable to connect. I have a the ODBII cable to USB which works fine with VAGCOM 12. But it seems that VDS-PRO doesnt support USB. How did you get it to work???

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
Im really liking what youve done to your car.
I been trying to setup the windows to open up with the remote, but havent had any luck getting my cable to connect. I have a the ODBII cable to USB which works fine with VAGCOM 12. But it seems that VDS-PRO doesnt support USB. How did you get it to work???

Hi, if you want to use the VDC Software like i did you cant use the USB cable, USB cable WILL NOT WORK with this sofftware, you have to find a older style COM cable for it to work in DOS, and also a laptop or pc with the correct com port for it to connect.

the software you can find here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2115418&postcount=75

and the cable i think you can find it on ebay. the cable i got is not on ebay any more so i cant give you a link. or look in the forum threads and find some one near you who did it, and maybe you can get them to do it or buy it from them.

gacoart

Mar 18, 2015
Hi, if you want to use the VDC Software like i did you cant use the USB cable, USB cable WILL NOT WORK with this sofftware, you have to find a older style COM cable for it to work in DOS, and also a laptop or pc with the correct com port for it to connect.

and the cable i think you can find it on ebay. the cable i got is not on ebay any more so i cant give you a link. or look in the forum threads and find some one near you who did it, and maybe you can get them to do it or buy it from them.

Thanks for getting back to me on this, you are right, i did try everything to get this to work and like you said USB doesnt work, anyone else who wants to try this dont bother with USB. its not easy finding some else on this forum from Monterrey Mexico, so i guess ill try buying a new cable for this.
Thanks again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members