Alloy Wheel Refurb Recommendations in Sussex/Brighton Area

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
My front wheels are leaking air and have been for a while now. The offside is worse and tends to lose around 15-20PSI in about 10 days to a fortnight, while the nearside loses around half that. The rears are absolutely fine though. Photo of the worst one attached. At the moment I'm just running my compressor into the ground, but I've had a few jobs come in recently and think I can afford it now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for alloy refurbishment? I live in Brighton, but am willing to travel to an extent, and I have family in Dorset I can stay with if I need to if it's cheaper there. I'll probably need to drop off the car as I can't get the tyres off myself.

Ideally I'd like to get all four done and have them in a different colour (I think grey would look good with a silver FR) but I'm getting hung up on prices. I kind of begrudge getting them all done when there's nothing really wrong with the rears though.

I've had a quote of £65 a corner, not to mention one twice that, but I don't know if that's reasonable or if I could get it cheaper or if I might get a discount for doing all four.

I've done a search of the forum, but I seem to get threads that are either old or they're nowhere near me. It'd be nice to actually get recommendations though - or who to avoid.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 112

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
£65 per corner is a good price if that includes removing tyre, refitting tyre and balancing
Anthracite grey is a good colour for silver. I went for a black chrome on mine
0bea5100593bd40549dcacee64b63c2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
£65 per corner is a good price if that includes removing tyre, refitting tyre and balancing
Anthracite grey is a good colour for silver. I went for a black chrome on mine
0bea5100593bd40549dcacee64b63c2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this - the black chrome does look really nice too. Your FR is a lot tidier than mine, that's for sure...

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Wheels are back - I only got the fronts done as they were the only ones losing air, but holy crap... Massive difference.

I'm not going to bother putting the old centre caps back, as they're grotty as hell, but was wondering if anyone knew what size centre caps I need (the standard ones that don't cover the bolts)?

Photo of wheel in first post for reference...

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If they're leaking air surely you need new tyres?

They were pretty badly corroded - it meant there was never a clean seal either around the bead and the valve. I never had any problems until I moved close to the sea.

I did get the tyres checked last year to make sure there wasn't a slow puncture or something and after checking over and re-sealing, they held air for a little longer, but then started losing it again.

That said, I'm going to get the compressor out on the weekend and wait and see if it really has solved the problem...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise