alloys or lowering

ibiza staff

Apr 29, 2009
kings lynn
hi guys need advice... i want some octavia vrs (17s) wheels for my ibiza, i also want it lowering about 40-60mm. thing is i carnt afford both at the same time and its sometimes a struggle to find the wheels. what do u think i should get first? i was thinking the wheels and drop it and let the springs get used to the wheels. or should i do the lowering 1st? by the way its on standard 16s at the minute cheers

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
horbury wakefield w yorkshire
hi guys need advice... i want some octavia vrs (17s) wheels for my ibiza, i also want it lowering about 40-60mm. thing is i carnt afford both at the same time and its sometimes a struggle to find the wheels. what do u think i should get first? i was thinking the wheels and drop it and let the springs get used to the wheels. or should i do the lowering 1st? by the way its on standard 16s at the minute cheers

me i would go for it lowering first transforms the look so much,you might like it with the wheels you got now......

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh agreed lower it , the car will look different lowered and you might stick with the wheels youve got

i would say get coilovers aswell , then you can go really low , most people who lower it 40-50mm then decided to go lower

techathy

^^ my name, my thought >>
Jul 9, 2009
Cambridge
If you're changing the tyre radius & not going for height adjustable suspension then lower second, this will let you get a better idea of what ride height reduction you want. I've seen people sell out £400 plus on suspension only to spend the same or more 6 months latter because they fitted the bigger wheels after & it looks too high.

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
horbury wakefield w yorkshire
cheers guys,good points. anyone know what these are like http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PI-Lowering-S...s_SM?hash=item2555796c23&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 not really sure how much i wanna lower it yet :shrug:. its basically a standard silver 04 fr, with a cupra front bumper n soon to have a lcr splitter. still got original fr 16s. any ideas how low??

those only go down about 45mm not much realy for the rear of a ibiza..i just fitted coilovers to mine and took it down 65mm ,but could go down a little more for it to look right....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise