Altea 2.0 TDI Sport - Great Miles on a Tank of Fuel

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Just back from a week on Holiday in the Cairngorms which gave the Altea a Nice run out.
Filled up with about 49 Litres of BP Ultimate (stop fueling on the first click at the pump) so reckoned around 53-54 lites in tank.
Before heading off reset all computer as norm.
The Journey was 210 mile to where we were staying and bascially had the cruise set at around 50 mph on the open windy country roads.
On arrival noticed fuel gauge was reporting 3/4 tank still left (was impressed) so thought I would keep running total on the mileage for the week.
Out everyday around the Cairngorms on various runs - 50 miles return trips and a 160 mile return trip etc, again kept the cruise set to around 50 which was a safe speed for the mountain roads.
On the last day before leaving the fuel light came on so headed to nearest garage on route home.
Total mileage achieved 626 Miles with computer reporting 25 Miles left in tank before hitting the pumps again.
I am amazed given the road conditions etc that the Altea could have achieved 650 mile on the tank of fuel. Car is also now on 77K and is as smooth as the day she was bought. Looking forward to getting the next one sometime in the future (probably couple more years) hopefully fitted with the Common Rail Diesel Engine.:)
Wondered if anyone has achieved that sort of mpg on the 2.0 140 Engine.:D

steve2.0tdi

I also have a 2.0 tdi on a 56 plate, and filled up at a Texaco garage in Weymouth to travel home which is about a 150 mile journey and to be honest i wasnt sticking to the speed limit, and i still have over 3 quarters of the tank left. I also went on a 8 mile trip today only doing about 40mph and achieved an unbeliveable 57.5 mpg on the trip computor the previous best was 51mpg.
I normally get my fuel from Tesco so i dont know if I will buy my fuel from there in the future I also put in Millers fuel additive. Also the car has been remapped to over 170PS.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve2.0tdi

I was a bit worried about the effect a remap would have on the mpg, but the guy who remapped it convinced me that I would see an increase in mpg, I have to say that I am not sure about getting more but Im certainly not getting any less.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Im getting consistently around 500-530 depending on right foot/trailer on at moment, seems to have improved after clearing out intercooler and fitting catch can, thats when i noticed the improvement anyway. was happy to regularly hit 500mile mark from previous of around 420-480 at most!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members