altea 2009 tdi stylance help

jonesey

after a little bit of help plz

my wifes just bought a altea 2009 tdi stylance still on the older shape not the new speck .we have looked a few cars and models all of them were 2008 cars tdi i noticed that they had 2 tail pipes coming out the back the 2009 one she got only has one y

also when you lift the bonet the salesman said all the other years had a big plastic cover on top of the engine but on this year and model they dont do it any more does any one no or is the sale man telling fibs new to this site thanks very much for all help

ps great forum keep up the good work thanks

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Firstly, welcome to the site :thumbup: Make yourself at home, as you'll find yourself visiting fairly often :lol:

Mine's an '06 2.0 TDi and it didn't come with an engine cover either :(

Think it's the 2.0 TDi's that came with the twin exhaust pipes, I think the 1.9TDi only had the one..... which have you got ?!? :confused:

Hope that helps a little !!! ;)

4candles

mines a 2009 2.0TDI Stylance.
Twin pipes and no engine cover.

Dubster

I have just bought a March 2009 2.0TDI, it has twin exhaust pipes but no engine cover. I was suprised that the car didn't have an engine cover, which is why I had a bit of a search on here!

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Tis true, down to seat costcutting mine has the engine sound proofing cover but is a 05plate, 2.0tdi
(and a twin exhaust with chrome covers) the chrome covers were a dealer spare, I think from memory you can purchase the cover for approx 80quid it has been discussed on a much earlier post,

cheers
mark

Dubster

Tis true, down to seat costcutting mine has the engine sound proofing cover but is a 05plate, 2.0tdi
(and a twin exhaust with chrome covers) the chrome covers were a dealer spare, I think from memory you can purchase the cover for approx 80quid it has been discussed on a much earlier post,

cheers
mark

I think it may be a VAG cost cutting thing, my wife's '09 Polo TDi also arrived without an engine cover. I won't be treating either car to one, I'm not bothered by the lack of one, I was just suprised that they were missing.

jonesey

thanks for all your replys sorry not got back on to the forum but my computer has been in to get fix thanks again jonesey

twnewcastle

Jan 18, 2009
i have an 08 altea 1.9 tdi with no engine cover and 1 tailpipe,
before that i had 05 1.9 tdi which had both the engine cover and the twin tail pipes,
personally i dont find the engine noise any louder in my 08

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.