Altea Electric fault

Aug 16, 2020
Can anybody help please, We have a 2007 Altea and all the dashboard lights have just started to stop on all the time even when the key is out of the ignition. which is running the battery down. I'm also unable able to lock the car. ,

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi sorry to hear your having problems. Just out of interest when you open the drivers door to get out and your dash board lights are on does it make a beeping sound? Also when you say all the lights are staying on do you mean the you have red amber and green lights on the dash or the actual back light that glows the clocks and dial red is staying on?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Ah ok that’s bad news then. You’d need to plug it in on a machine to see if the machine can communicate to all the modules in the car it may be a gateway module is either water damaged from a leak or packed up for some reason. Very hard to diag unless there in person. Do you have any friends who would have access to a proper diagnostic machine to check for you?

Tell

Staff member
Had an instance once on my my old Altea where the headlights were on when ignition was on and the lights were turned off. Dampness. It fixed itself and never came back. The garage did mutter about the lighting control unit being difficult to diagnose, diagnostic charge etc... but since it cleared itself left it after a few days cancelled the appojntment, never came back again.

Once the whole car went dead, had power but wouldnt even turn over. Dampness again. It cleared itself.

Agree it needs proper diagnosis but with any luck it may dry out.

Tell

Staff member
Personally I'm not sure how Vagcom worked on 2007 cars, only got into it with my 2016 Ateca. I was told that the lighting control unit was a difficult beast or words to that effect when I had issues with the headlight having a life of them selves independent from the switch when I had my Altea. Hence the need to levy a hefty diagnostics charge... but as it happened it fixed itself so cancelled the booking. On the duff starting up issue they checked it out but found nothing. It was in warranty then.

If it doesn't dry out and fix itself seems like a dealer visit.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise