Altea engine cover

steve184

Folks just got a new Altea after me recommending them one. I have an Audi A3 and knowing they couldn't afford that sort of money suggesting them getting a SEAT as quality would be very similar etc etc but for less money.

So friday they picked up 56 plate Altea sport DSG. I've noticed that the engine doesnt have a plastic cover on like mine has - but im sure the one they had in the showroom did have and the brochure shows pictures. Dealership have said they no longer put the plastic engine cover on anymore??? Is this correct? If it is that is pretty shoddy if you ask me. I doubt it as the engine still has the rubber slugs round the dipstick and oil cap where the cover slips over and under to make a seal.

Another thing they found annoying is they only got one flip key!!! (i got two with my audi) they had to pay an extra £150 for an extra key!!! **** turpin!

cheers

papdog

That's correct, they stopped putting engine covers on earlier this year on most of the Leon, Altea and Toledo's. Apparantly they are not needed. Can't see why they couldn't get rid of the lugs for it though.

Graham

steve184

oh right. well cheers thanks for confirming that!

I agree that it is not 'needed' as it is only a piece of trim and doesn't in any way affect the cars ability to do its job - granted. Neither does the door card on the inside of any car door - this could be left off and not affect the way the car operates - but it would look bloomin awful! - get my point? I also think it ismisleading in this case to, (1) have a car in showroom on display with an engine cover and (2) not show nice pictures of it in the brochure if it simply doesn't exist anymore!

So after everything it turns out that SEAT's are no cheaper than say VWs or Audis - in fact the only difference is that they leave bits off here and there and then don't charge you for those bits!!

Hey i've just learnt something new anyway!!

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Its needed on the Leon with 2.0TFSI's as the air filter is part of the engine cover.

papdog

You get a spare blade key but not a flip key like you used to. If you want a flip key, you will have to order one from the parts department and get it coded.

Graham

Tell

Staff member
errr well that ones not going to re-programme the other key if it looses the security radio controlled gumpf it needs to unlock the car without the horn is it. Seems you would get a lot of hooting with the blade key unless I've missed something like it turns the alarm off as well on the key.

I suppose you give the lesser half the blade key... LOL.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.