Altea FR, What should I do? Help

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
I bought this a couple of weeks ago to replace my Cupra R.

Im in two minds if to modify it or not. Dont really want to keep it looking like its just come out of a showroom, want to personalise it a little.

Only thing I've done so far is put in a couple of SCN and Auto Emocion stickers and put an extra FR badge on front bumper like all new FR's have.

All suggestions / ideas welcome

Thanks

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

RedAlteaFR-1.jpg

RedAlteaFR3.jpg

Rusty FR

Nov 28, 2008
On my list...
BTCC exhaust (Puts a big outlet either side of the car instead of together...)
Pipercross induction kit
Extra instruments Pod on dash (Turbo boost, oil etc..)
Remap. (Should be good for 240+bhp [:@] )

iwcham1979

Jul 7, 2009
I wouldnt touch that engine.... Already too tense!! My Altea is 140hp and I am happy with it ;)
Mine is stock. I will have windows tinted, bi- xenons, chrome door handles, Dezent 17 wheels (your's are a beauty, so i wouldnt touch them :) )

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Superb pictures. Yours looks very tidy, the Red break calipers really stick out. Have you upgraded the brakes or just painted them Red? I thought about doing that but with the Car being Red I wasnt sure. Im going to do it on my Black Ibiza too.

Mmm think your right. Dont think I want to mess with the engine. Its very well balanced at the minute.

Which leaves cosmetic mods. Im liking the rear spolier. Also thought I'd change the rear lights to the smoked ones instead.

Thanks people, keep your idea's / suggestions coming

Fronts are 312mm upgraded, though same Callipers. I have a set of rear mkv gti brakes due to go on the back soon. Your FR should have 312mm/286mm by default.

Yeah rear Tailgate spoiler is an option for me also though its approx 140 quid for the Seat one. I have not as yet seen any other one I like as much as the Seat one.

Once the Altea is lowered I may go for the spoiler.

one other mod you may consider is an Oil Catch Can. the 2.0 ltr TDI loves to puke oil out of the breather pipe and tries to fill your Intercooler. I'm hoping to do mine this weekend.

also grab a Honeycomb grille insert or go for the LineaR grille to protect the radiator.

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Good advice mate, im not mechanically minded so wouldnt have had a clue about the oil catch.

I come into my own with cosmetic work and cleaning a car.

Im really liking the idea of the spoiler but cant lower the car. I do loads of outdoor stuff and need my car to go off road. That was always a problem with the Cupra R. Got sick of abandoning my car.

I cant believe how well the Altea FR handles. I knew the FR brand would mean it was good but it is amazing for the height of the vehicle. I've driven other MPV's like the Vauxhall Zaf and that doesnt do handling or roundabouts.

I really wanted to hate the car as the missus insisted we sell the Cupra R but the more i drive it the more i love it

Good to see someone praising the Altea:) we for looks a rear spoiler and a set of 18" rims make the Altea come to life. The offset on the Altea is ET54 though not too many wheels are made that high. my S5 Reps are ET45 and fill the arches nicely. in fact the rear wheels may get a set of 10mm spacers:)

altea-xl

definately get the honeycomb grill insert, not only does it look good but it stops stones hitting the radiator too!!!:blink:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Now thats what im talking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good find Toxic ! Think it would look better with the smoked light fittings but I like the exhaust. I thought about debadging mine but think it will only look good if I do something with the exhaust / spolier too.

Cheers Altea XL too, your spot on with the grill. Dont like the look of the straight one. Should have got the honeycomb one with the FR

iwcham1979

Jul 7, 2009
How come your Fr doesn't have park sensors or xenons. In my country, every stylance model must have parking sensors, every Fr bi - xenons.
It would be nice if u could give one pic of the interior ;)

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Interior Pics for you.

Very good question about the parking sensors and xenons. I presumed because it has coming home headlights, rain sensitive wipers etc it must have the parking sensors too.

How can you tell it hasnt got Xenons from the pic? ( teach me something here )

CleanAlteaFR-1.jpg

RedAlteaFR7.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
People,

Ive been to the local Seat Dealership this aft to price up an honeycomb grill and rear Spoiler for my Altea FR and was informed that Seat dont do either. ( seen on here yesterday that someone got one freom Seat ). They stated that the new Leon honeycomb grill is a different fit with the Altea therefore not compatiable and he couldnt find the spolier listed anywhere.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on either?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.