Altea how long have you had yours and are you pleased?

Devoured1

Oct 17, 2012
Wirral
Had my 56 plate Stylance 1.9tdi for about 18 months now and am really pleased with it. I see people complaining about the 'A' pillars causing a big blind spot, can't say it bothers me as being a bus driver I'm used to constantly checking blind spots, and if the 'A' pillars were altered then it wouldn't be the Altea we all love.
Anyway, I'll keep this one for a couple of more years but when I change it I want a 140bhp although I have been looking at Exeo's over the last couple of weeks, they look really good value for money with all the specs they're loaded with.

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Had my 05 2.0tdi sport for 7 years now, bought with 16k now on 137k. Had a hard woking life its been pretty good not brilliant apart from routine stuff its needed regular tracking checks, a new radiiator, 2 bearings and a anti shudder valve since manufacturers warranty ran out. Still on original turbo though but have put a product called 'revive' through it which was recommended by me mechanic. (gave it a anew lease of life)
Still going strong touch wood am tempted to replace but hard to justify as had no faults on it for past two years.
Still looks good after a wash and wax IMHO !

drummer.gavin

Feb 11, 2009
Dublin
another thing - stupid rear lights blowing constantly.....

The back right on the two Alteas I had blew every few months!!!

I've had a 1.9 Stylance and an FR, both have **** the bed a couple of times. 1.9 had turbo greif and used more oil then diesel and the FR.......well, DMF, DPF, EGR, swirlflaps in the inlet manifold, dodgey injectors, it's losing coolant somewhere but I cannot find where, has been for two years and then a few other niggly bits. Touch wood she has been problem free for the last 11 months!! :)

Last edited:

primerh

another thing - stupid rear lights blowing constantly.....

Hello folks, I've just joined today. I've had my 56 Altea 1.9TDi Reference since new from Motorpoint in Sept 2006. Has been mostly reliable, except resetting the front passenger door, front passenger window regulator & once it reached 3yrs old rear lights blowing continuously every 3 months, irrespective of cheap Halfords bulbs or more expensive ones. At my wits' end in June 2012 had read in another thread about the bulb holders replaced: got the local VW independent to change those & had *no* problems since then. Job done. :D

Fuel economy is still poor (44mpg with light right foot, 39mpg if booting it) though am reconciled to taking it easy & getting 43-44mpg. :shrug:

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Hi all. Had mine since new on 09 plate. its only done 33.5k and had very few problems. Been well pleased, wife likes it so much we just ordered a new 2.0TDI I Tech.

Issues :
Rear Tyre's went like 50p pieces, needed full wheel aligment and new tyres
Turbo destroyed itself at 30k miles (out of warranty). got 50% SEAT goodwill contribution to repalce it.
Battery died at 4 years

Stephen O

May 4, 2004
Manchester
We've had our 2.0 Tdi fr for nigh on a year now, only covered 10k but in that period the only fault has been a bust passenger side front window reg. Other than servicing and tyres its been great! No dpf, injector or other usual fr tdi problem's.

Love the massive diesel torque it has, great mpg (averaging 39mpg on the trip-mix of town, A road) so im happy with the car! :)

Last edited:

boxerboy_uk

Had my XL for 2 1/2 years now, just clocked up 215K ! still pulls like a train and going well. I always use top oil 5-30 fully synth low ash, clutch & DMF replaced at 157K, no issues. Great work horse.

boxerboy_uk

Cambelt done at 85K, 126K because water pump failed & now at 213K. Had a bit of a scare though. Tensioner undone itself due to weak threads in the aluminium head ! Luckily no damage to the engine. Local VW centre Heli-coiled the head and refitted the belt.... Good as new and currently doing roughly 1K miles a week. Great car, Deffo gonna buy another one.

imagice

Recently got a 12 plate 1.6 ecomotive Altea and am very pleased with for the money.
i have a 07 golf plus that had done 100k and wanted a change.
i love the seating position and it's a nice drive.

clutha

Had our XL Stylance 3 years now, bought it with 20k on, now 42k.
Had it serviced yesterday and the main follow up work is new front discs needed soon.
The surprise item was being advised that VW recommend a new cambelt at 4 years if the mileage is low. (Garage informed Land Rovers are 150k or 10 years!!!)
With also getting the hassle with front passenger door remote opening it's going to be a pricey few months.
Still very happy with it

cl290005

I have had my 2.0tdi Dsg 5 years but it is abused with everything I use it for but it just does so much and has been very supportive and comfortable (sport version)
A few niggles at moment but I sttill like the car for what it does:)

benwayuk

1.6 Stylance 56 plate from new, 52,000 miles. Has been pretty solid and never let us down. Finally fancied a change, so am waiting on a Qashqai +2.

Anyone want to buy an Altea?

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
We've just got an 06 reference sport tdi to replace an Ibiza FR tdi (expanding family), so far so good - A few niggles that have / are being sorted but the drive and handling are very good for an MPV! It's got 57k on it so should have plenty of life left! Planning on changing the standard alloys for some of the newer 16" five spokes you see on the ecomotive's, add a set of mudflaps and a seat sport exhaust trim to finish it off. That's all, it needs to be a comfortable family wagon :)

Last edited:

gazbkd

Feb 27, 2014
Had my altea about a year and I love it got a few problems what needs sorting though like passenger window regulator or should I say mcano set what a crap design but doesnt put me off the car at all drives realy well and pulls like a train and feels realy solid and got it in the best colour black (in my opinion)
Seat altea 2.0 tdi sport s.e 140
heated leather seats
badgless grill
wind deflectors
and more pland

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
Altea freetrack 4 diesel bought last April so just coming up 1 year old.

had a blown heater fan and 1 DPF clear (self cleared after scaring the **** out of me by going into limp mode before it was finished).

I cannot fault the car - it doesn't lean or wallow, power constantly leaves other motorists wondering what just happened and me with a big smile on my face. Ive pushed it a bit recently and the all wheel drive really helps pull it out of corners if you don't mind losing a bit of tyre!

So yes im pleased!

pros:
looks good, drives better.

cons:
easy car to lose a licence in.

Weewaawoowaa

Mar 8, 2014
I got 2.0 fsi 2weeks ago and I love it ! It's not the car I set out to buy but I found it on an autotrader search and it ticked all my boxes ! Still getting used to the 30odd mpg but performance is great, ride is smooth and comfortable :) Happy so far but it's taking me back to my hot hatch days and looking for ways to pimp my ride !!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.