Heads up on my ex-lease 69 reg Cupra Lux 290 DSG in Magnetic Grey

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
Just in case anybody is looking for a nice 2 year old (69 Reg) Leon Cupra Lux 290 I'm pretty sure (99.99% !!) this is my old one just gone on sale

It will have a reg. starting YK69 .... , I don't know why they've covered the plates up in the ads on my car, and not all their cars ?

Anyway I can confirm that it has had one private owner (me) throughout the 2 years (on a 2 year personal lease) The car went back last week (8th Sept. 2021). I tried to buy it but ALD (finance company) wouldn't let me.

It's in absolute mint condition throughout (no scratches or dents at all) and it's not had any accidents or repairs ever.

It has been serviced by a SEAT main dealer at 1 year old and I put it on Time and Distance servicing so the 2nd service is due on 22nd Sept 2022). It will therefore be fully covered by the 3 year SEAT warranty.

The alloys are also in excellent condition with no kerbing whatsoever and just a few very minor scratches on the black inner spokes (from washing / drying). The tyres are the original Continental Sports with 5mm tread left on fronts and 6mm on back). Again all original and never damaged.

I'm quite a keen car detailer and the paintwork / alloys / leather has regularly washed / protected with sealants etc.

The car has run fantastically well for 2 years with no faults or even small niggles at all, not even any annoying rattles / creaks.

The only downside / surprise for me is the asking price at "Only" £28,798 !! I'm sure they cost less than this brand new in 2019 with available discounts !!

If only I'd bought on PCP :rolleyes:

If anyone knows someone who is interested and wants any more info / history you are welcome to reply on here or PM me.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
What does lux actually mean

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk
Lux is actually a standardised unit of measurement of light level intensity.

In ’Seat speak‘ though, I think it probably means extra equipment or higher / top level spec, bearing in mind the Xcellence Lux and Cupra Lux models have additional equipment over and above the non-Lux versions of those models. VW adopt a similar approach with the GTI version of the Polo; there’s the standard Polo GTI and an added value, extra equipment version - the Polo GTI+ (both versions are badged the same, wearing just GTI badging, there being no ‘plus’ badging on the top spec version).

It probably took a large marketing team with an equally large budget within Seat many hours of brainstorming to come up with the term ‘Lux’ 🤔.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Ah cool man. Whats extra spec tho as lux. Isnt mentioned on mine but its the exact same as yours how strange lol

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ah cool man. Whats extra spec tho as lux. Isnt mentioned on mine but its the exact same as yours how strange lol

This is what the May 2019 brochure lists as extra equipment for the Cupra Lux over the non-Lux version;

A581960E-1F8C-4447-8245-99E21AE873C4.jpeg

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
As above ... it was the top of the range model at the time with all the additional options above as standard equipment.

On a lease at the time (ordered Spring 2019) it was well worth it IMHO, as it cost only £10 more a month (y)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members