Altea instrument cluster

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Ok mate, i shall forward this to him, hopefully he can see what he can do. Can you edit your post and remove your VIN and email to save you being spammed?

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Hi Skard, thanks for the tip off I have had my details removed. agie

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Hi Skard, No not as yet. I will give you a buz when I hear anything. aggie

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Hi Skard, I have had word back from Ed and it seems that my half size MFA cannot be altered. I need the MFA+ to change from Km's to MPH. There is one on ebay part No IPO 920 954A but my part No is IPO 920 811D so it looks as though I have come to the end of the road, pity really because this would have been the icing on the cake. Otherwise, I am really pleased with the Freetrack so I will work with what I have got unless you have any other idea's I can put into practise. Would the part No have to be exactly the same? I have thanked Ed for his time and trouble on my behalf. Cheers aggie

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
I have no idea about SEAT part numbering mate sorry. Ask me about the VW system and I can tell you as their numbers are logical. I don't know for sure what immo generation your Altea even has.
Regardless, Ed could reprogram any you buy as he has the genuine interface? May be worth (if you pass him) having your car scanned so he can save your data in case you find a set to post to him, means you don't do without your clocks in that instance.

Before you impulse buy, the clocks all look the same but yours should have a different plug at the back with it being a white display.

Ebay 360679171821 is the red display.
Ebay 360679173957 is the white display with blue plug.

I also found that Leon clocks are the same (I have them) but the time adjuster nipple is different so needed swapped over, otherwise they were physically identical.

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
By the way, the part number for the full size clocks will be different to yours

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Well I'm hoping to embark on the same project for my Leon this week, along with a cruise retrofit at the same time. Got the parts today from a donor 2.0 TFSI Sport:

null_zps26ec7a59.jpg

Hoping it should be a pretty sweet upgrade. The standard display really looks naff and may as well not be there for the lack of information it provides! Hope the Highline will integrate with my RNS 310 as well as smartening up the interior. Ed is lined up to help!

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Awesome :D

Its a bit of a geeky upgrade but certainly should make a nice difference. Will post in my RR thread once its done.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
recalibration of speedo

Skard can you pleased help me out. I have fell foul of the DVLA whilst trying to put the daughters car on UK plates I need to change the speedo to show MPH on a Toledo 2.0 tdi 2006 full size red MFA the cluster fitted is 5P0920840AX and the one to show MPH is No 5P0920923AX. I have asked Seat to do the work but they it would not work any help would be appreciated. aggie

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Sorry mate I can't help much at the minute with a brand new baby, I have the clocks from my Altea if they are of any use (car has been sold). If you have access to a working Commander cable you'd be set

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
recalibration of speedo

Thanks everybody for your help and the link to Lockwoods hopefully I can find the right foil and do it myself. I have seen the instructions from Skard (thanks Skard) for removing the cluster so I should be alright. aggie

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Ah Lockwood inserts, be very careful removing the needles, untwist and adjust only anti clockwise. Afterwards use a function test in vcds to check the sweep, should go min-max-62mph, if way out adjust accordingly.

Changing just foils from a UK set won't work as the scaling is different.

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
recalibration of speedo

Cheers Skard Thanks for the good advice as always. aggie

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I am just getting prepared for the recalibration. How does the leather cowl come off does it just pull off or does it have to be levered off or are there hidden screws? any advice would help me. aggie

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
It was so long ago I can't recall completely, but there are torx screws at right angles on the inside.

Greegiecee

Loving my SEATs
Oct 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Very informative thread. Thanks.

Wonder if someone can give me some advice. My Altea is currently in at Arnold Clark (under warranty). My speedometer needle was sticking so I sent it back to be changed before it failed and became my problem.

Well, they have had the car for 21 days now and are telling me that every time they try reprogram the new cluster it is crashing. They think it is a faulty part so ordered another one which did the same thing. They have ordered a new one AGAIN from SEAT.

Surely this should have been a simple fix? Any advice I can give them as they don't seem like the brightest bulbs on the tree TBH :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.