Altea-Special Edition

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
I went to look at the Altea Special Edition today!

very nice and i am very tempted!

they offered me £10000 for my 1.9Tdi ref sport which i think is good as the dealer i was talking to sold my car to me for £11300 so iv only lost £1300 in 14 months so i only need to stump up the £6999 extra for the Special Edition!!

but is it worth it? i would love to have all those extra bits and peices to play with and the bigger engine would go down well also iv got a bit of inheritance to play with.

and before you all say my 14month altea is to new to sell but as some of you may well know i had a small accident at xmas time and i dont like driving crash repaired cars, but that's not an excuse.

opinions please

cheers

N

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
My dealer said he would offer me an extra £500 for my car for which £10500 from which i only paid £11300 against £16999 is a pretty good deal for a 14month old car also its gona be an 07 car not a 56 and its for what ever state my car comes out of the body shop in as its still in bits waiting for back order parts from germany.

so take what ever my dealer was told from Seat £14345 or £16999 im getting an 07 car for my 55 reg in bits in some bodyshop in surrey so im happy.

N

so here's looking forward to 2.0Tdi ownership:funk:

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Well my dealer went out of business before the car was delivered so profit margins can be slim at times. I went through two Citreon dealers that both closed down with my old car, one after the other, got the car serviced by Halford Services for five years [not good at doing the wheels up above thumb tightness bless them or putting the steering wheel on not at 30' out, twice... use to say when servicing if you take the steeering wheel off, do put it back on correctly]. Then they went out of business [Halford services] but I had my new car on order, then that Seat business closed down before delivery. The boy from the last Citroen dealer said to me when driving me back once "there a nice little garage there" in a London accent, read as better than the one he worked at, um that's closed down as well.

RJS

Hi
Agynjo

What are your front seats like? and is the bluetooth any good.

dpat

Contacted 3 dealers in Cheshire and none would do a discount on the SE! :(

still looking.................

RJS

Hi
dpat
I just went into the dealers and said if you want my business please sell me the SE at the same price that i can get it elsewhere,in the end they did.

agynjo

Hi RJS,

Front seats are ok. Nice and firm and I think the leather will last well (despite the colour) but not much side support (like my previous Altea Sport). I'm used to them now though - and the heated seats come in handy.

The bluetooth is excellent. Worked with my phone (Sony Ericsson W850) straight away, although for some reason when I try the voice activated option it keeps saying my "phone book is empty" and when I try to "load phone book" it says the same again (this is despite the phone book OK appearing when I use the buttons manually).

Any ideas fellas ?

Apart from that, car is great - although some f****r flicked up a stone and chipped my windscreen the other day.....

RJS

Hi
agynjo
Thanks for that i now what you mean about the seats( i like my sport seats)

As for the bluetooth thats why i asked as there have been some issues.

Did you get the false floor with yours i am lets say having a conversation with the dealer about mine.

Hopefully pick it up this weekend.