Altea-Special Edition

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
Anyone else on here have one??

haven't been on this site in ages (since i sold the mighty derv Ibiza and bought the Evo) so have fallen behind on the old SEAT Derv's lol

Apparently dealers are only getting one car initially?

We (the wife and I) just orders ours...adn should be here by next weekend. Good riddens to the old, slow Derv Yaris....hello nice new, quick Altea!!

Any pics would be great

Andy

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
Andy when i spoke to seat in cardiff i asked them before buying my
Altea fr tdi if Seat were bringing out a cupra altea or was the fr the limit.
they said the fr was the limit .

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
The 140 engine?

*glances at seat website* answers own question

You get 17" alloys, rear parking sensors, ESP with EBA, Bluetooth connection and leather seats.

£16995 RRP

Not bad at al!

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
i4664.jpg

i4665.jpg

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
very nice :) looks like my car with the 17" alloys. :)

Wish leather was an option at the time when i bought mine - the seats with the plastic strimmer wire sewn into the fabric are one of the things i've never really got on with. I may get a quote for a local auto upholsterer to re-trim the seats and door cards with some black leather

agynjo

Chaps - I bought a Special Edition Altea today !

This week I made an enquiry at my local dealer (Coupers in St Albans) about the Special Edition model, and they said they had one in the showroom for £16,995.

Got a call today from Coupers to say they were selling them for a huge discount - £14,345 on the road. :)

So I popped down there today, had a good look around, and put my deposit down. Should have it in a week !

Basically it's the same spec as my 2.0 TDi Sport, but has full leather (light grey), heated seats, 17" alloys, bluetooth, iPod compatiblility, rear parking sensors, plus the usual goodies like cruise, dual climate, auto-dimming mirror etc.... It only comes in metallic "black magic" too.

What a bargain. Out of curiousity, I looked at the VW website, and a Golf 2.0 TDi Sport with the same spec would cost you £22,585, and a Golf Plus £23,400 !

Now all I need to do is sell my Altea - so if anyone is interested (see below), let me know.....

Altea 2.0 TDi Sport
July 05 - 05 Reg
12,000 miles
6-speed manual
Platinum Grey
17" alloys (desirable !)
FSH
Totally immaculate throughout
11 months tax
£11,250...

Last edited by a moderator:

agynjo

That's £3100, not £2100 !

A couple of pics of the Special Edition....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tell

Staff member
What's the odd £1,000 and I hadn't opened the bottle of wine then either. Trust you're get yellow stripes put down the side since black and dark cars are more prown to side impact ;). If you look at all the cars that are smashed on the side they are black or dark blue... saying that black looks nice.

agynjo

He offered me 10k. Not as bad as I expected, but I know I can get more privately.

loadswine

loadswine
That's brilliant value for money. I'd be after one at that price, if it included DSG box and a sunroof too!:) I wonder how much it would cost for a leather retrim on mine? I only mentioned that as my passenger seat threads have broken in places and the seat squab looks naff. Might try a trip to the dealer and see if I can get it replaced under warranty.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.