Am i being ripped off??

Dunc C

Hello, im new to forum and have just taken the plunge in buying a the FR TDI.

My Seat dealer have offered me a 06 (Dec) reg Black Magic, fully loaded (Sat Nav, Convenience pack, bluetooth etc) 18" alloys & 9k miles on the clock with 1 previous owner for £15,700.

I am pretty crap when it comes to valuations of cars. Book price says this should be about £14,600 but thought id ask you guys for a some advice.

They have thrown in my next service for free, full tank of fuel, years tax and new mats for the car. I had to pay £200 deposit as it is coming from the seat depot in Milton Keynes.

Do you think this deal reflects the price or is it too steep?

Does anyone has any pics of the sat nav system in car up and running with the display/lights etc it would be great to see as i have only seen the brochure pictures?

Thanks!

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Well, my FR TDI new was £16,200..

That included:
Mudflaps
18" Wheels
Bluetooth
Years tax etc
Black magic paint

So its up to you to decide whether you think thats a good price or not?

Dunc C

That included:
Mudflaps
18" Wheels
Bluetooth
Years tax etc

New? Where did you get that from then as the best i can get around new is £17,500!!

Noel<>leoN

Oct 5, 2007
I got a vaguely similar car in July last year, so maybe the info below will be useful for a comparison:

06 plate, July reg, so exactly a year old at the time
petrol FR
2,900 miles
1 previous owner
black
18" wheels, no other extra stuff fitted

The official asking price was £14,999 and I got mine for £14,485 including the full tank of fuel, year's road tax and the service it was due (i.e. for being a year old, not the next one due soon).

So you're getting mats, a service, convenience pack and satnav (which is something like £1600 originally, I hasten to add) extra on me. Not sure about relative ages- I didn't think 06 included December?

Dunc C

I got a vaguely similar car in July last year, so maybe the info below will be useful for a comparison:

06 plate, July reg, so exactly a year old at the time
petrol FR
2,900 miles
1 previous owner
black
18" wheels, no other extra stuff fitted

The official asking price was £14,999 and I got mine for £14,485 including the full tank of fuel, year's road tax and the service it was due (i.e. for being a year old, not the next one due soon).

So you're getting mats, a service, convenience pack and satnav (which is something like £1600 originally, I hasten to add) extra on me. Not sure about relative ages- I didn't think 06 included December?

Sorry my mistake it was registered in Dec 06 it would be a 56 plate! I know the extras on it are worth a bomb so was just getting a bit of feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
sat nav will be the older MFD2 version, although that addition was a lot of money, seems a good deal to me... of course a lesser spec car you could get new for similar money.

Dunc C

its well spec'd, but your basically pay the extra for the sat nav.
up to you.
Personally id not want to be paying that for sat nav when there are systems available for a fraction of that.

Cheers for the feedback guys. I spoke to the delaer today and obviously they are unwilling to take the sat nav out (i already own a tom tom) so the only other option really would be for them to find me another leon in black!

Chappylad

That included:
Mudflaps
18" Wheels
Bluetooth
Years tax etc
Black magic paint

I did the exactly the same....I bought it off at Perrys Aylesbury. I managed to persuade the salesman to sell it to me for £16200 brand new, 4 miles on the clock, it was reduced from £18200!!

So I did a good deal and bought a red Leon FR TDI with bluetooth, 18" whees, one yeat road tax. Very pleased with the deal. Bought it last April 2007, and it has already done 17,000 miles with no problems :)

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
drivethedeal are selling them for under 16k new

and they discount options so even with 18s, bluetooth and metallic paint it's still an impressive price.

Last edited:

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Dont forget me here lol

Give me a call and will see what i can do for you on a new one

Irfan

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Yup, give the man a call. For Performance leons, ya can't beat him (and other models I'm sure)
Sorry Irfan, thought someone had already mentioned you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise