Wing mirror lowers when reversing, but doesn't ome back up until I turn ignition off!

Nov 11, 2023
Hi everyone
I am new to this site after getting nowhere at all trying to communicate with Seat directly.
My wing mirror does lower when I reverse, but does not come back up until I turn the ignition off!
It stopped working for a while, then I got a new battery fitted and RAC reset the electric windows one touch for me, so I don't know if it's connected to the new battery, but on trying to get them to work again, it does lower, but does not come back up when driving forward. Only when I turn the car off. I have a 2016 Seat leon FR Technology in case that helps.
Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix this? So near and yet so far!.....

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
These systems are a bit buggy. My mirrors stopped dropping, I've not bothered resetting them. My wife's windows don't one-touch close. You reset them and they do for a while then stop again. I try to be philosophical about it. The car is fundamentally very good so I can put up with a few minor gremlins.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Fair enough. As you say, it's not the end of the world, just thought someone else might have had the same and had worked out how to fix it : )
My experience is that when go through the steps to restore the thing it's just a matter of time until it does it again. What's weird is that, while there are common bugs, not all cars suffer from them. Cars are just too complicated and computerized today.

Reactions: Tivver500

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
My experience is that when go through the steps to restore the thing it's just a matter of time until it does it again. What's weird is that, while there are common bugs, not all cars suffer from them. Cars are just too complicated and computerized today.
That in itself is fine, but it requires actual QA to be done, which has been lacking across VAG the last few years.

Reactions: Mr Pig
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.