am I correct in thinking amd lock ecu

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
previous owner had map done at amd...

p torque and jabba told me id need to take it to be put back standard before they could map it for my ko3s

trouble is...

AMD is 500+miles round trip :(

and i dont want to take it there for stage 2 as its miles away and they seem to think i need injectors etc for the conversion :( and they want the car for a week

suggestions? :(

they tell me my ko3s wont run on there stage 1 either :( <-- true?

Last edited:

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
whats the crack with changing ecu's, on my corsa i had to open the key up up and locate the chip, and then there was a transponder on the ingnition barell that also had to be changed..

whats custom code? i thought it was just a custom map?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
AmD are sponsors on here, I believe, although the company changed hands (Big Boys Toys bought the name, along with some of the business I believe)

They are Revo agents as well now and I know that Revo offer a postal service where you post them your ECU and they flash it on the bench. If you can't do without your car for a few days, get a spare ECU?

I've never done it, but you'll need vag-com to swap ECUs. I understand it's one of those jobs that's quite easy once you've done it - if my memory serves me right there's even a guide somewhere.

Custom-Code HQ

If it helps we will be able to flash the car standard or modified - we can do this via post or by our mobile tuning service.

Please feel free to give me a call on 01246 455004

Regards
Custom-Code

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
If it helps we will be able to flash the car standard or modified - we can do this via post or by our mobile tuning service.

Please feel free to give me a call on 01246 455004

Regards
Custom-Code
but you wont be able to do a cusom map ia pos will you as you wont know what mods im running...
spoke to revo today and they use same system as AMD which involves flashing...

and he thinks the car would run more than fine with a ko3s on a stage1

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members