AmD

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what what AmD Technik remaps are like on the TDI. The guy i spoke to said the diesels fly with their maps! (but what else would they say lol) Ive got a Leon FR 170 and currently got a bluefin but not that impressed with it. I have 7 days money back guarantee so think im going to use it.

Cheers

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
had an AMD one on my 1.8T Ibiza, was good, but that was the old days when based in bicester sop different people. However i still don;t understand why AMD offer their own maps and REVO maps, I had the REVO one from them i just assume they can do more custom stuff on their own maps.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I really dont know what to go for. I have the feeling most people would say REVO but the guy said their own maps made a massive difference to the TDI.

yeah they all do though, however without sounding like a conspiracy theory person, i would say the AMD maps make a bigger difference to their profits than the REVo ones do, so swings and roundabouts. The only thing with the REVo software is that it is tried and tested a lot more than individuals, does'nt make it better, but sometimes its good to not be different. Do a sarch on here for peoples experiences.

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
I guess my only worry was being able to take the map on and off as you please for warranty work. I have two years warranty remaining so dont want to screw it for myself.

I heard form a skoda forum that Superchips are quite conservative in their mapping but if you kick up a bit they will send you a couple of other maps to try.

I really dont know what to do.... arrrggghhhh

Poverty

I guess my only worry was being able to take the map on and off as you please for warranty work. I have two years warranty remaining so dont want to screw it for myself.

I heard form a skoda forum that Superchips are quite conservative in their mapping but if you kick up a bit they will send you a couple of other maps to try.

I really dont know what to do.... arrrggghhhh

Revo dont offer dpf delete last time I checked but AMD do iirc hence them most likely guiding you down that route.

If you had a tfsi, they would most likely usher you towards revo like they did with me.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I also tried the Bluefin and removed it. Found it way too smokey and not enough go.

Took it to AMD for them to have a play. We found a bit later that the turbo needed replacing under warranty, at which point the dealers re-flashed the ECU. Due to delays on my part it wasnt right until a couple of months ago, and they worked their magic and sorted it all out.

Now has the power which I wanted.

Fish

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I just never felt any power come in from the bluefin, yet with the AMD you know its there. :)

Fish

John57

I also tried the Bluefin and removed it. Found it way too smokey and not enough go.

Took it to AMD for them to have a play. We found a bit later that the turbo needed replacing under warranty, at which point the dealers re-flashed the ECU. Due to delays on my part it wasnt right until a couple of months ago, and they worked their magic and sorted it all out.

Now has the power which I wanted.

Fish

Was it the case that the Bluefin didn't feel right because the turbo probably wasn't working properly ??

I would have thought Revo, GIAC, Superchips Bluefin, APR, AmD, APS ..... all produce fairly similar outputs but it is the delivery that may be different -- i.e. more or less aggressive ?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I no its not a TDI but AMD have mapped my ibiza cupra and my mates is mapped by REVO the only difference is the AMD map is slightly more progressive and peaks slightly later than the REVO.

Im very pleased with my map and cant fault it....

Just my 2p.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members