Amp wiring

Feb 22, 2006
Penzance Cornwall
what is the best way of wiring all the power, phono and remote switch on cables for the amp in the boot of my toledo, my dad says that you have to be careful of the airbag cables as they could easily be set off, plus i dont really wanna go rippin up all the trims round the edges to do it, so if anyone has any ideas please help.

shadydaverave

the best way to do it is to pull up the trim on the edge of the door frames and feed the wires through, the hardest part it finding a way of taking the power wire from the engine bay, on my beeza if you imgine youre standing at the front of the bonnet in the top right corner the was a hole with a rubber seal in place and just behind that one under the plastic tray below the windscreen the was another hole with a rubber seal in place leading into the cockpit, I fed my wire through this and sealed it up with silicone sealant, if the toledo has the same that would be great if not its a case of getting the drill out! now what you want to do is to pull up the panels on the side, theyre only secured on with metal clips, you have to be quite forcefull but you souldent break anything, find some way of feeding the wires from the back of the head unit to the sides then a bit of advice for you, tape all the wires together or tape on a peice of string and lead with the strongest wire so you only have to feed the wires through once, feed them between the trim and the frame of the car, you shouldent come across an airbag wire so theres no problem there, you should be able to take the wires straight into the boot! the best way to make a ground is to get a connecter to screw onto one of the seatbelt anchors, all you have to do now is tap the trimming back down and it should all clip back into place quite easy. hope this can be of some help to you.