Android auto

Oct 6, 2022
Skopje
Hi everyone, hope you are doing well.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows, Can i connect my Samung (android) smartphone to Leon mk4 via Wireless Android Auto, since it allows only via cable and not wireless (case that is not the same on Apple Carplay, it connects wireless).

Thank you in advance.

Deleted member 123864

Maybe your phone doesn't support it. What model Samsung?

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
I've got a Samsung S21 ultra and it connects wirelessly without issue.
My Leon is the Xcellence hybrid 2021 model.

Deleted member 123864

You do have it enabled, yes?

Screenshot_20221023-201203.png

Reactions: V2Formentor

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Doesn't matter what phone you have, the car has different versions of infotainment hardware, as per the other thread with much more info in it:

It's simple for the Formentor/Leon 😊. Ibiza,Tarraco & ateca have different units

16xx only supports wireless Carplay. Doesn't show heated seat settings while using full link. Part number ends B

17xx & 18xx support wireless carplay & wireless AA. Shows heated seat settings while using full link. Part number ends D or later.

16xx cannot currently be updated to 17xx/18xx, update to 1810 is coming soon

17xx can be updated to 18xx

Nov 27, 2020
Doesn't matter what phone you have, the car has different versions of infotainment hardware, as per the other thread with much more info in it:

It's simple for the Formentor/Leon 😊. Ibiza,Tarraco & ateca have different units

16xx only supports wireless Carplay. Doesn't show heated seat settings while using full link. Part number ends B

17xx & 18xx support wireless carplay & wireless AA. Shows heated seat settings while using full link. Part number ends D or later.

16xx can be updated to 18xx now. However, there are some additional things that the dealer needs to do to enable wireless android auto. All hardware supports this. People have reported getting updated from 16xx to 18xx and still not being able to use wireless AA, but then we're able to enable this using obdeleven.

Deleted member 123864

16xx can be upgraded to 1896 by dealers for months?!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.