Angel Eyes Fitting

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
im not a fan of the angel eye look. been there done that

but if you look in the guides section on here there is a guide on how to remove front bumpers

from there it should be pretty self explanitary to take out the headlights and replace them

then the wiring guide with the in the box will show you the correct way to wire up the angle eye rings

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
I think they look cool so go for it. Remove bumper and then just replace i think theres 2 screws on the bottom and 2 on the top.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Bumper is easy enough to get off if you do things in order.

Two bolts hidden behind round covers on the front of the bumper - remove with care otrherwise you'll mark them

Few more bolts hidden behind the front foglight grills - one screw each side and remove.

Remove screws from wheel arch liners - much easier with the car on stands and wheels off!

Assortment of clips and stuff along the top edge of the slam panel to remove the top edge of the bumper and trim.

Bumper guides are located up and forwards towards the front of each wing - two bolts on each. Removing bumper using BFI will make realignment difficult. Easier to reach with a rightangled 1/4" drive and socket - think the bolts are either 6mm or 8mm - can't remember.

Don't forget to unplug the foglights and front temperature sensor BEFORE pulling the bumper off.

Took Simon34, my mate and me 3 hours to get the bumper off by trial and error, it took only 15 minutes to reassemble it - i think if you follow the guides on here it will take you no more than half an hour to get it off in one piece and with your sense of humour intact.

When you refit the bumper, refit the guides FIRST and bolt them to the car. The bumper will slide and located back into these but it's a reasonably tight fit past the headlights :)

Wiring in the angel eyes is a doddle, just disconnect existing headlights and connect new ones in. Also change the W5W bulbs in the back of each light for white/blue LED based ones - they look a lot better than the yellow bulbs that come as standard.

When you refit the new lights, spend some time aligning the lights with the bonnet shut, get it lined up with the leading edge of the wing and bonnet. Leave the bolts finger tight for now and put the bumper back on as a trial fit, ensure the gap beneath the lights is level with the top of the bumper, once you have this tighten the top bolts of the lights. Remove bumper and tighten the bottom bolts, refit bumper and check alignment again.

A side note specific to angel eyes - the seal is CRAP - you'd be advised to add some window mastick around the whole light unit to ensure a good seal before you fit them. Light output as everyone else will tell you who's had them without HID is very poor. Fitting HID is not easy, time consuming but IMHO and others who have done it consider it a thoroughly worthwhile mod.

Some pics here

Whilst the bumper is off, consider fitting new horns - easy to get at whilst the bumper is off.

When you've done all of this, take the car down to an MOT testing station and pay them a tenner to get the lights aligned - if you're not going to HID them this is doubly important as you need to make the most of the light output as well as making sure they're aligned inline with MOT requirements.

Last edited:

name__taken

... Narrp?
Jan 11, 2006
Cambridge UK
www.soundclick.com
Top guide that ^^

Seems like quite a lot of hard work though for a relatively small payoff. I like the look of the Angel Eyes, (i try to keep my inner chav at bay but he's a persistant one!) but tbh I don't like them THAT much!!

Maybe i'd do it if i had another reason to take the bumper off anyway, or if i could pay a garage to do it for me without breaking the bank... me? Lazy? Oh yea!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.