angel eyes problem

Deleted member 20482

ok i did a search and yes there are some threads on here about angel eyes, but now confused as to fit them or not.:shrug:
i just got my hands on some angel eyes cheap off ebay(£50) and have read by people they are crap.:doh:
they don't have a very good light pattern.
i have within the last year changed my old light bulbs on the oem light for "white/blue lights", but as with the oem lights they mist up rotten and it really annoys me,thats why i got the angel lights, so i could change them over.

can i use my white blue bulbs with the angel lights?
can i keep the leveling ability or not?
shall i fit them or not?

oh just can't make my mind up:help:

Deleted member 20482

i thought i had done a hid upgrade when i change my bulbs...to xenon
is it something else then?
sorry for dumb question but not very clued up on these things.:redface:

Deleted member 20482

yes,old ones out new ones in.
got them off ebay. just bulbs no ballast pack.

so i can't use my upgraded bulbs in the angel lights then?

Bizz

Feeling the extra power
Apr 4, 2006
Darlington/Norwich
A HID Kit makes these lights no end better but you'll have to modify the lights so that theyll take the larger bulbs. The HID bulbs need an 11mm hole to sit in and the lights have an 8mm hole.

So you can do it 2 ways:

1. Take off the front lens, take out the individual projector and then VERY carefully drill the bulb location. This is very difficult to do well as the lights are plastic and are very easy to break

2. hold the lights so that its like youre lighting the ceiling and then get a tapered round file and gently file out the hole. Its best to hold it this way up so the projector doesnt fill up with loads of plastic filings

Hope this helps

Bizz

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
that could be a possibility james.
i'll let you know. can i pm you when they arrive and i don't like them?

yeah if you like are they black or chrome.

i live in reading so all street lamps so all good :) i dont fuss about lights. i just wanna look cool.

Deleted member 20482

chrome mate cause my car is arctic grey wanted them to blend in with my car

Deleted member 20482

i was reading about various mods to the angel lights,
i like the look in princible of the angel lights but would really like to keep light leveling.
on the oem lights which bit adjusts the lights and can it be taken from the oem light to my angel lights

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hi Mick,

The adjuster is part of the rear light casing and won't move over to the angel eyes without major surjery, i'm in the process of dismantling OEM lights and angel eyes to see if i can retro fit the projector light units back into the OEM lens :)

Deleted member 20482

i saw some of your pics unclefester, from a thread a while back, but to be honest wasn't sure what was going on, looks like a lot of work though.

any more up date on the surgery ;)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Just waiting to get my hands on a second set of angel eyes so i can rip out the projectors - need a set fo the main beam then i can fit the HID to main beam too.

Once i've got those i can begin stripping down the OEM lights to see what fits. Will be more of a winter project than a weekend fiddle :)

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
I got myself a set of chrome Angel Eyes of Ebay and fitted them around 3 weeks ago and instantly I could see the difference between them and the original lights...they are FAAAARRRRR duller than my original one's and the light height can not be adjusted!!!...also a tip angel eyes do NOT fit as smoothly as the original lights do so they will not line up very well with the front of the car when installed so a set of eyebrows will come in very useful...gettin my eyebrows on next week but overall the angel eys look very impressive in the daytime but are very dissapointing at night!!

Hope it helps!!

Deleted member 20482

oh bugger.. in the post now..
looks like i wont be bothering with that project then...
only got them cause my oem ones mist up.. :(

buy or swap anybody? ;)

thanks guys and gals

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.