Angel Eyes

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
I am undecided with the side lights. I'm thinking of removing the bulbs or cutting the wire so that when they are on just the angel eyes glow. Thing is i'm not sure if they will be bright enough. As i'm currently powering the normal side lights aswell, will this be taking away some power and will the angel eyes be brighter ocne the normal side lights are removed?

Also do people think it will look better? or just leave it all alone.

angelcol.jpg

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
arrrgh, i think you are right but will it make the rings brighter? Don't like cutting wire, i might just remove the bulb.

You getting some Lee?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
It will make the rings more noticeable.
Taking out the bulb......will it leave a hole for condensation or are they capless bulbs like originals?

Yeah i'll be getting some eventually, then get new hid bulbs to fit.

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
The back of the lights is screwed tight so hopefully wouldn't let anything in. I did go round the whole unit with some sealant as there seemed to be a few gaps. Might just cut the wire, could always join it back up if needs be, don't fancy taking the battery out just so i can get the bulb out!

Will post some pics tonight.

I've got a sticker on mine saying "Do Not Use HIDS" i guess they would melt if i did!

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
When you say your not sure if they'll be bright enough, bright enough for what? Surely your not going to drive around on just sidelights anyway? Are you? lol

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
When you say your not sure if they'll be bright enough, bright enough for what? Surely your not going to drive around on just sidelights anyway? Are you? lol

Only when its dusk or very grey, i'm not a BMW driver with my fogs on! Shame tho, they do look good. Will post some pics later.

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Ok heres the new pics

angelcol2.jpg

Nothing personal, but it winds me up so much when people drive around with their sidelights on when its low light or raining or even foggy.

Whats the point in having them then? I would understand if you said fog lights when it's not foggy, but i use my sidelights so i can make sure i'm seen. But i guess everyones a good driver where you live, most the people round here drive like idiots!

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Whats the point in having them then? I would understand if you said fog lights when it's not foggy, but i use my sidelights so i can make sure i'm seen. But i guess everyones a good driver where you live, most the people round here drive like idiots!

I know it makes them seem pointless having them apart from using them when leaving your car parked in an unlit area.
Personally I find that sidelights make no difference to how well a car can be seen in poor light and have actually almost had accidents as a result of people driving on just sidelights, all for the sake of switching on the proper lights.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.