Annoying Creak in Toledo/Leon Dash

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
Just behind the clocks, to the right hand side sort of where the a pillar meets the dash.
but also sounds likes its deeper in the dash....

does anyone have any ideas, i think it may slowly drive me mad whilst i commute 1h40mins a day at 70mph!

Cheers Dale

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
used to be only when she warmed up, but recently its got worse.

something like WD-40? but where does it go?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
About time you got on here!
If you fancy removing the fuse panel on the right hand side of the dash, you have to open the drivers door to get at it, grease every edge of plastic etc that you can see causing friction then close it all up again, its a 20-30 min job once you know what youre doing.

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
removed that panel several times when installing the W8 light and looking for the creak. shall give that a go tomoro!

o yeah, you dont happen to know which colour of wire coming from the dimmer switch is actually the dimmer wire for the w8 light. ive currently got it wired up to the constant power wire.

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
all sorted, its the blue and grey wire.

and the creaks sorted too. where the a pillar meets the black top of the dash is a bolt holding the black part secure...it was loose!!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
I drove a brand spanking new focus saloon up from Cork today (flew down for a job first thing yesterday that over ran and ended up having to miss my flight home and there were no flights back today so took a company vehicle that needed to come back up anyway,Something on the rear pillars was rattling and creaking the whole way up, didnt bother stopping the whole way as id probably have ended up kicking it.
Those tdci engines are very smooth but they have less power than a ride on lawnmower.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise