Annoying rattle

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
I am having trouble pin pointing where a ratlle is coming from, the best way of describing it is its like a marble in the drinks holder under the armrest.

It clunks when you pull away and when you brake, or hit a bump, the rest of the time you hardly notice it,

Trouble is I cannot find where this is coming from, it is from the front passenger side somewhere.

Anybody else had this?

FR_Flavoured

Yes infact WE do, pretty similar !

This is interesting, as my wife has a Leon Stylance, and we find that theres like something tapping, again sometimes hear it while pulling away and when you brake. Dont have the armrest in hers, but it sounds like its coming from somewhere around the passenger seat or under it!!

LOL - Perhaps i might have to have a good root around under there and see what I come across! :)

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
I also had this rattle two things to look for under passenger seat check that the cables protected in a plastic tubeing are not loose causing them to jolt up and hit the hard plastic under seat caused when going over pot holes uneven roads just secure them i used cable ties and also at rear of passenger seat there are three plastic flaps on floor level check there not loose one of mine was,cured with a bit of foam wedged in the underside of the flap hope this helps.

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
Thanks Davyboy, I will check under the passenger seat later on today, does sound more of a substantial clunk than what a loose cable could generate though.

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
I had lots annoying rattles! One now on passanger seat - will try your suggestions Davyboy and hope can cure it!

tyke666

I have had an annoying rattle / clunk noise on and off for the past two years, it seemed to be the seat belt tensioner or some where in that area.
I saw a post on here which suggested putting some silicone grease on the bump rubber which is at the bottom of the door.
Open the passenger door and you can see the bump rubber bottom left hand corner, smear it with silicone grease.
Fingers crossed I have not heard the noise since, and it must be a couple of months now.
Give it a go and see if it cures yours.

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Mine is defo coming from the seat as it stops when i put pressure on the seat back rest or if I have a passenger - not had a chance to look at it yet! Dont know if it is just me but these new shape Leons seem to rattle much more than my Mk1 Cupra.

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Not sure need to pull my finger out and have a look!

My main rattles were the air vents and ducting - did not want dash out so they remain - annoying!!

davyboy

FR TFSI
Dec 18, 2007
Sheffield
Yeh had same problem with centre vents rattling like mad and not wanting dash out due to possible issues but decided to go for it and had them changed under warrenty, problem sorted with no issues at al, perfect fit and no more rattles, go for it

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Good result, I am out warranty now and so will leave it but did not want it done as dealers at the time were muppets and would have cocked it up. New service centre I use now great and I would have had confidence they would have been able to do it - too late now though!

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
Mine is going into the dealers tomorrow as it developed another fault over the weekend, it dropped all 4 windows whilst locked away in the garage,

So hopefully they will find the rattle then and rectify it.