Annoying Sqeaking noise. HELP!

Mathewbailes11

Bocanegra Owner
Mar 31, 2015
Sunderland
Hi, I drive a Seat Ibiza Bocanegra 1.4 Twin Charged and when i'm driving I keep hearing a very faint high pitched squeaking noise coming from the inside of my car. The noise happens when i go over a bump in the road or when the road dips up and down. I have tried greasing the seat rails thinking that what it would be but it wasn't :censored: I know its probably very un-common but if anyone has any idea please comment cos its annoying the life out of me.

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
It depends mine squeaks a lot but at times it will squeak for a second and then it will go quiet, it is especially noticeable at low speeds

Jack92

Random idea my Leon does it and I've traced it to be the driver seat belt... The spring in the tensioner and it's really irritating in my right ear lol

Thinking of polishing it or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathewbailes11

Bocanegra Owner
Mar 31, 2015
Sunderland
Random idea my Leon does it and I've traced it to be the driver seat belt... The spring in the tensioner and it's really irritating in my right ear lol

Thinking of polishing it or something

This is really irritating my left ear so maybe it might be the passenger seat belt tensioner... Hmm thanks I'll have a look at that after work

x9moto

Oct 6, 2013
Mine does this too, sounds like it comes from passengers side towards rear of the car, i suspect its the rubbers on the hatchback got compressed and rubbing as the door moves, cant think of anything else, although i didnt try, just turned radio up, so if you find it let me know too.

Mathewbailes11

Bocanegra Owner
Mar 31, 2015
Sunderland
I honestly have no idea what it is, it's to hard to find, driving me insane at the minute though. My uncle is a mechanic he drove it yesterday and even he couldn't figure out what it was

IanBoca

Aug 10, 2014
Leeds
A mate of mine had this on his Cupra and it was coming from the undertray. Bumper came off and was put back on and it dissapeared. Does it squeek when stationary and you close the passenger door?

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Mine does that too... It's the passenger belt... Althought mine the driver belt does that too...

Mathewbailes11

Bocanegra Owner
Mar 31, 2015
Sunderland
A mate of mine had this on his Cupra and it was coming from the undertray. Bumper came off and was put back on and it dissapeared. Does it squeek when stationary and you close the passenger door?

Funny enough its completely stopped now... And it was just when I was driving

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
I find I get different squeaks depending on the temperature, so unfortunately it might well return. I have one coming from the upper metal bracket of the passenger seatbelt which I fixed. I occassionally get one from the passenger door release cable, but it's mostly fixed now by strategic foam pad insertion. Also get one from the boot which I haven't managed to track down yet and one on my dial surround shroud which is next on my to do list.

Guess it's jusf the joys of having hard suspension on a value for money car, lol.

Last edited:

Mathewbailes11

Bocanegra Owner
Mar 31, 2015
Sunderland
I find I get different squeaks depending on the temperature, so unfortunately it might well return. I have one coming from the upper metal bracket of the passenger seatbelt which I fixed. I occassionally get one from the passenger door release cable, but it's mostly fixed now by strategic foam pad insertion. Also get one from the boot which I haven't managed to track down yet and one on my dial surround shroud which is next on my to do list.

Guess it's jusf the joys of having hard suspension on a value for money car, lol.

Doesn't help that's it's on coilovers either like hahah. Yeah mine makes a rattling noise from the driver door handle. Like a suttle creek and I have a rattling from my dials too hahah

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.