Another coolant problem

VinceG

Recently my Toledo has been losing about 1 litre of coolant each time I drive it. There are signs of coolant leaking under the car, seems to be dripping out under the car from somewhere close to the bulkhead. when I remove the cap on the expansion tank there isn't any pressure release.

There doesn't appear to be any signs of head gasket problems and the temp gauge runs at it's usual 90.

I can't seem to see where the coolant is coming out of and am looking for suggestions as to where to look.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
If your undertray is solid and hasn't been worn through like mine on one side, it coiuld be leaking from the radiator and running back along the undertray.

I had a radiator leak recently and the puddle formed by the nearside front wheel, because that's where the undertray had a crack in it.

More detail than you could possibly want to know in this 'ere thread. :)

In my case it was a small leak in the radiator, and K-Seal has fixed it. I've only had it in for a few days, so it isn't a long-term test, but it does come highly recommended. Put it this way - I'd not want to put Radweld or Bar's Leaks in my Toledo, but I'm happy with this product

VinceG

I've found the problem and rectified it.

One of the small hoses, about the size of my little finger had a split in it and was leaking heavily.. it wasn't until I removed various bits obscuring my view that I found it.

Good news and a nice cheap fix.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.