Another rattle! This time from roof

simondo

My Beeza Cupra has developed an extremely loud rattle from the roof/roof lining area which is apparent at lower speeds and bumpy conditions.

If I press roof lining anywhere behind driver/passenger seat it stops i.e. roof is vibrating. However driving whilst pressing up on the roof lining is not ideal!

I have checked all the usual suspects around the boot area, but this vibration/rattle is definitely from the roof.

I may try taking window spoiler off to diagnose, but I am open to any suggestions as it's driving me nuts. :banghead:

Ta.

Last edited by a moderator:

simondo

Nope it's not the rear window spoiler, definitely the roof. Anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

flashbsd

ive got a rattle from the rear, i assume either shelf/door to cd changer, rattle from dash, (coin holder tray), one from passenger side, that i thought was glove box, but i reckon its from the pass airbag area. im gonna tackle them at weekend and see where i get. they dont bother me half as much, i came from a french car!

one also is starting in drivers door, which i will sort when i change speakers :)

sssstew

Editing your spelling
simondo

i also have this buzzing/rattling in the roof lining, very very annoying, im always banging the roof whilst driving to get it to shut up.

I think its where some cabling runs along and the glue/tape thats supposed to hold it in place is not doing its job.

i really need to take the headlining down to see though, but im fairly sure, as a leon owner before also had this problem.

taking the head lining down is a pig of a job though so havent bothered yet.

simondo

Off 2 dealer on Monday to have brake servo pipe checked, so will get them to look at roof rattle as well.

Will let you all know outcome.......

simondo

Apparantly................ theres a piece of soundproofing between headlining and roof that has become debonded. Seat reckon £75 + vat to fix. Who was it who said about injecting superglue into headlining?

simondo

Stevo1, you must have been in the dealer listening when I was there 'cos that's what I said! Headlinig has to come out, which I suppose must be difficult. Bit steep though isn't it.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
ive got the same rattle from the roof lining thaught it mite be arial cable of somthing but soundproofing could be possible but i thought the point of that was to stop sound :cry: aswell as that i got the volume control that wont do what i want cd changer that will only play the cd i want when it wants to. but still got to love the smile factor of the engine hehe :seatgod:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.