Rattling sound

Feb 2, 2023
Hi,

I often experience rattling sound coming from rear left door to my left ear while driving.
Here is my experience how I tracked where sound comes from if it will help someone.

Because it was hard to reproduce while driving (sometimes I hear it often and sometimes passes day or two without it) I decided the following:

1) Used custom sound settings and changed them to following

1.jpg

2) Played from Deezer song "Let's Get Down To Business" (it has great bass. Every time you need bass sample just play first few seconds).
3) Used "Sound focus" to target desired doors

By using this I have found that I get rattling sound from both front doors and rear left door, although while driving it seems to me that I hear only rear left doors.

On both front doors rattling sound stops when I push in area on picture bellow (it stops also when I pull towards myself). Placing cardboard didn't helped. It seems like only option is to put some sound isolation bellow that plastic with LED (between that plastic and door interior).

2.jpg

On rear left door I isolated rattling sound on place where you can see cardboard on picture bellow. On these doors placing cardboard eliminated sound and I currently don't hear it while driving (although I need few more days to verify that).

3.jpg

I will try to fix these problems with my service partner but If someone has experience fixing please share your experience.

Here is another post on this forum I find useful for solving sound problems with doors or sound (bass):

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Hi,

I often experience rattling sound coming from rear left door to my left ear while driving.
Here is my experience how I tracked where sound comes from if it will help someone.

Because it was hard to reproduce while driving (sometimes I hear it often and sometimes passes day or two without it) I decided the following:

View attachment 36412

2) Played from Deezer song "Let's Get Down To Business" (it has great bass. Every time you need bass sample just play first few seconds).

By using this I have found that I get rattling sound from both front doors and rear left door, although while driving it seems to me that I hear only rear left doors.

On both front doors rattling sound stops when I push in area on picture bellow (it stops also when I pull towards myself). Placing cardboard didn't helped. It seems like only option is to put some sound isolation bellow that plastic with LED (between that plastic and door interior).

View attachment 36413

On rear left door I isolated rattling sound on place where you can see cardboard on picture bellow. On these doors placing cardboard eliminated sound and I currently don't hear it while driving (although I need few more days to verify that).

View attachment 36414

I will try to fix these problems with my service partner but If someone has experience fixing please share your experience.

Here is another post on this forum I find useful for solving sound problems with doors or sound (bass):
Good work 👍
I've used the same methods to track buzzes and rattles in live music environments for decades - black gaffer tape and wire insulation can work well as 'temporary' fixes, sometimes just adding mass to a panel eradicates annoying resonances 😎

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

View attachment 36412

View attachment 36413

View attachment 36414

So, being an old bugger, I looked for a band called Deezer and their track 'Let's get down to business'. I got nowhere.

Feb 2, 2023
Application Deezer :)
It is song from Tiesto. You can play it from and platform like youtube, spotify...

Reactions: Bear
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.