anti roll bar kit

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
anyone fitted one, as in front and rear anti roll bars like whiteline/neuspeed?

dramatic fifference and worth it?

is it worth doing on an unlowered car?

my 05 plate fr tdi is roley poley as hell, its ok once it settles into a corner, just doesnt insprire much confidence.

any comments?

Mook

I've had Neuspeed front and rear ARBs on the last four cars I've had and yes, they make a significant difference. Fatter bars on the back help to reduce understeer and, when you put them on as a pair, the reduction in roll is significant.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
be ok on a non lowered car then, in case i do decide to lower do the aftermarket bars accomodate for the driveshafts, as ive heard about d/s's hitting the arb's when lowered?

are they all good then, what is the ideal size/ brand?

Mook

be ok on a non lowered car then, in case i do decide to lower do the aftermarket bars accomodate for the driveshafts, as ive heard about d/s's hitting the arb's when lowered?

No problems unless you're going more than 40-50mm.

are they all good then, what is the ideal size/ brand?

Size is dependent on your taste in lift-off oversteer! 25mm front and 28mm rear will give you a good combination of reduced roll and sensible handling. You could just stick a 25mm on the rear, but you should really think about the overall handling of the car.

For ARBs, Neuspeed is a great option.

HTH

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
was looking at the 25mm eibach kit.

bound to be a massive improvement, i see the cars current capabilities as hopeless,

only going down minimum drop ie:25mm

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
will find out easter weekend. cant wait, think this will make the car for me in the same way the remap did

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
hi got the arbs fitted, not noticed much difference yet, (its wet up here and dont want the car to catch me out)

fittting wasnt too bad like,

the rear bar fitting kits are a bit dodge like.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
one other thing, what size arb should mine have had as standard?

it was 23mm the one i took off.

think the only thing letting the car down now is the dampers and springs as they are standard,

at about what mileage do they go nakered?

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
think mine may be in need of some shocks and springs soon then,

you feel the suspension travel then the arbs grab it and keep it flat,

is the eibach pro kit any good? in terms of better handling, less body roll and still maintaing a decent ride, i had a saxo vtr lowered 60mm all round for a year so my idea of a good ride is prob different to alot of peoples.

any kits other than the eibach you would recommend

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.